Sad Democrat

Crockett

5,000+ Posts
My contempt for Donald Trump is something I can't work around. I think we must respect the rule of law and election outcomes. The pendulum in this country is swinging way to the right of sensible centerism. Trump comes off as insincere by opposing providing resources for border security and humane, efficient treatment of asylum seekers. In most cases that will consist of giving them their day in court, then sending them home, but we gotta have judges enough to do that.
But what are the Democrats offering in opposition? A guy who looks bewildered and struggling to find words. An issue Biden advoctes ...helping the college educated evade the inflated costs of their education through student loan forgiveness .. fails politically and intellectually. I see a place for loan forgiveness in some highly specialized circumstances, but socializing the cost of overpriced education incents bad personal decisions. Trump is a beatable candidate, but not by a guy who lacks the personal wherewithal to stop his pet from biting secret service agents.
I welcome contemptuous comments in response or else I would not have posted on West Mall.

An issue Biden advoctes ...helping the college educated evade the inflated costs of their education through student loan forgiveness .. fails politically and intellectually. I see a place for loan forgiveness in some highly specialized circumstances, but socializing the cost of overpriced education incents bad personal decisions.
Agree 100%

Like Algore did?
Like HillWilly did?
Like any number of other prominent Democrats did every single time a Republican (gasp!) actually won an election?
They sought legal remedy and when none availed they participated in orderly transition of government. They did not inspire an assaulting the Capitol, much less sit idly by while it took place.

My contempt for Donald Trump is something I can't work around. I think we must respect the rule of law and election outcomes. The pendulum in this country is swinging way to the right of sensible centerism. Trump comes off as insincere by opposing providing resources for border security and humane, efficient treatment of asylum seekers. In most cases that will consist of giving them their day in court, then sending them home, but we gotta have judges enough to do that.
But what are the Democrats offering in opposition? A guy who looks bewildered and struggling to find words. An issue Biden advoctes ...helping the college educated evade the inflated costs of their education through student loan forgiveness .. fails politically and intellectually. I see a place for loan forgiveness in some highly specialized circumstances, but socializing the cost of overpriced education incents bad personal decisions. Trump is a beatable candidate, but not by a guy who lacks the personal wherewithal to stop his pet from biting secret service agents.
I welcome contemptuous comments in response or else I would not have posted on West Mall.
Vote for RFK, Jr

Croc
What inhumane treatment of "migrant seekers "?
Believe it or not most border crossers are apprehended and returned home. Some have plausible cases for political asylum and I personally think it's important that we not send innocents to imprisonment/executions. Most claiming asylum.are unworthy of it and prompt resolution/expulsion would deter others. Other harsh lessons need be applied. Here as a non-citizen, then a DUI or similar ends your stay here.

Croc
I think you are confused on what Trump's policies were
Trump.did not change policy regarding people who applied for entry via political asylum. Do you have any credible evidence Trump sent a legally applied person home to face prison or worse in home country?

Don't believe the May polls (remember who Biden is pandering to and buying votes by spreading federal funds). They will be statistically even by Election Day so Trump will need every vote he can get. He cannot rely on a third-party vote to pull votes from Biden.

Croc
I think you are confused on what Trump's policies were
Trump.did not change policy regarding people who applied for entry via political asylum. Do you have any credible evidence Trump sent a legally applied person home to face prison or worse in home country?
I don't think it has ever been anyone's intentional "policy" to not have timely hearings for asylum seekers. Just nobody has provided resources to do better. It's kinda like it's not Texas "policy" to put seriously mentally ill people in general jail/prison populations. It just happens because the state doesn't create enough facilities for all of our crazy people.

Last edited:
And yet you attacked Trump implying HIS policies sent worthy people back to countries to face prison and worse. You knew it wasn't true when you posted it. Why did you post it that way? TDS??

I have lived on the border for 14 years. The Border Patrol resources are abundant and currently used to enable the invasion. The Military and the Citizens could close the border in a week.

Actually: I did not exhonerate Trump from causing horrific hardship for asylum seekers instead of providing timely hearings. Some of those subjected to his remain in Mexico policies have been subjected to depravation , violence and murder at the hands of gangs and cartels. Trump never made individual decisions to send folks back.. Those are judicial decisions and I've never accused Trump of being judicious.

And yet you attacked Trump implying HIS policies sent worthy people back to countries to face prison and worse. You knew it wasn't true when you posted it. Why did you post it that way? TDS??
There was a bipartisan package worked out to provide additional resources for border security
Trump urged Republicans to oppose it because he didn't want Democrats getting any credit and it never became policy. I'm surprised you don't remember.

An issue Biden advocates ...helping the college educated evade the inflated costs of their education through student loan forgiveness .. fails politically and intellectually.
Crockett, I think this is an ABSURD position. I can't believe anyone would seriously advocate this idiocy. And I hope the voters will realize that Biden is apparently serious about it - and vote him out of office in November.

There was a bipartisan package worked out to provide additional resources for border security
Trump urged Republicans to oppose it because he didn't want Democrats getting any credit and it never became policy. I'm surprised you don't remember.

I'm sure that Trump wanted the bill dead so he could better run on the issue. However, the root problem is bad faith. The bill had some good and some bad in it. However, nobody believed that the Administration would enforce the good parts, and they had good reason not to believe it, because the Administration has spent 3 years largely ignoring or actively interfering with the enforcement of the border. Then on a dime in an election year, he wants to change course for obviously political reasons. What happens after the election if Biden wins? The border turns to crap again.

The point is that I'm sure there are changes in the law that would help the situation, but most of the problem is one of intentionally lax enforcement. Under those circumstances, nobody's going to go along with any sort of compromise.

As I have stated before, I’m no fan of Trump personally. However, Obama taught democrats how to weaponize the courts, media, and other federal agencies. That has lead to an old puppet being told what to do. He has literally governed the US to the brink of collapse.

Loan forgiveness is simply trying to buy young votes. It’s very stupid, unfair and unconstitutional.

Now he is pandering to try and get the black vote back. I think it’s too late, but don’t be surprised if he advocates reparations. Again, very stupid, unfair and unconstitutional.

Biden’s only hope is a rigged election. That’s something the democrats are very good at.

I'm sure that Trump wanted the bill dead so he could better run on the issue. However, the root problem is bad faith. The bill had some good and some bad in it. However, nobody believed that the Administration would enforce the good parts, and they had good reason not to believe it, because the Administration has spent 3 years largely ignoring or actively interfering with the enforcement of the border. Then on a dime in an election year, he wants to change course for obviously political reasons. What happens after the election if Biden wins? The border turns to crap again.

The point is that I'm sure there are changes in the law that would help the situation, but most of the problem is one of intentionally lax enforcement. Under those circumstances, nobody's going to go along with any sort of compromise.

I'm with Deez. Anything in the bill that said it would restrict immigration would be ignored from the start. The Democratic Party is actively forcing the borders open to get in as many illegals as possible.

They are sending money to NGOs to marketing campaigns in Latin America telling them to come. Then they are paying these people to come to the US. Then they are explaining to them how to slide through the system. Those who get caught receive lawyers paid by Democrats to represent illegals pro bono. Then the Democrats work to get illegals welfare, IDs, legalization, and preferences into schools. That isn't going to stop because of some bill. They don't follow rule of law. We know who these people are.

Amendment to the bill should say any President who does not actively enforce the immigration laws must be jailed.

There should be a law that any politician that doesn't enforce the Constitution goes to jail for a long time. But of course 99% would go to jail.

Like Algore did?
Like HillWilly did?
Like any number of other prominent Democrats did every single time a Republican (gasp!) actually won an election?
“Every single time a Republican won an election”

really? The level of exaggeration and claimed victim hood is astounding on all sides

both parties and their candidates are terrible. We are approaching a level of clannishness that should be limited to sporting events. You know: the team from my school is superior to yours in every way. Our uniforms are cooler. Our castrated bovine is more lovable than your bewildered collie. Etc, etc

Back