RNC - TRUMP ACCEPTANCE SPEECH

So I watched the whole thing last night. It was the Beatles White Album of political speeches. It had some really good stuff in it and a bunch of filler and crap that seemed like it was thrown in for no reason other than to make it lengthy. Cut all that out, which would make it about half as long, and it would have been very good.

That is not totally fair to the Beatles White Album, but I get your point. :cool:

That is not totally fair to the Beatles White Album, but I get your point. :cool:

Not fair to Trump. I hate the Beatles.
Look Out Oh No GIF by Mashed

None of us knows what it wouldbe like to be so close to getting killed. Heck none of us what it is like to live day to day with people calling for your death.
I can see that Trump out there glad to be alive and with 12k adoring fans cheering his every word would prolong the speech.
One thing I know concerns Trump. He said in an interview with Jesse Watters that he knew nothing about a person on the roof. He wonders why his SS didn't ask him to wait 5 10 or 20 minutes.That has to shake him. Why didn't His SS have him wait?

I don't have any problem with his discussion of the assassination attempt. I think it was heartfelt and well-done.

I think it's fair. Here are the subpar tracks that should go. None of those add much to the quality of the album. They range from mediocre to terrible. Drop them all, and make it a normal 1-LP album. It would still be inferior to the Abbey Road, Sgt. Pepper, and definitely Revolver (their best work), but it would have been a solid effort.

1. Ob-La-Di-Ob-la-da (mediocre)
2. Wild Honey Pie (terrible)
3. The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill (mediocre)
4. Piggies (mediocre)
5. Don't Pass Me By (mediocre)
6. Why Don't We Do It in the Road? (terrible)
7. Revolution 9 (the epitome of terrible)
8. Good Night (mediocre)
9. Glass Onion (mediocre)
10. Rock Racoon (mediocre)
11. Yer Blues (terrible)

Any discussion of Beatles albums needs to be moved to Cactus Cafe. That thread could be longer than anything here and be more controversial.

Back