RNC - TRUMP ACCEPTANCE SPEECH

WorsterMan

10,000+ Posts
I would really have preferred that Kid Rock did NOT start the pre-speech "entertainment".
:rolleyes1:

Last edited:
Love his recognition, respect and remarks for Corey Compertare who died protecting his family during the rally.

Trump pledges to end spiraling inflation and drill baby DRILL!!!

Reduce taxes.

CLOSE THE BODER & FINISH THE WALL!!!

End the war in Ukraine and Israel.

Punish Iran and tariff their asses!

Me: Re: Iran, Joe & John Kerry have American blood on their hands.

While I do like some kid rock didn’t enjoy that bit at all. Nice job by the big guy but agree too long.

Trump should have stopped at the 25 minute mark.
He just can't help himself, though. His tone, demeanor, and attempt to unite the country was quickly countered when he went off script, for a long, long, time. Back to name calling, rigged election, blah, blah. Yuck.

He should have "humbly" asked for votes more than one time. In fact, many of the speakers didn't even ask for those at home who may be undecided to vote Trump.
ABC, baby!

I did love his 13 year old grand-daughter. She was so pretty and poised. And she spoke from her heart. Keep your paws off her, ya jackals! 13 years old.

I also really like J.D. Vance's wife. She came across as intelligent, sweetly naive about this whole business, and very natural in her appearance and delivery. (compare her face to most in the Trump woman-sphere, tons of make up, fake eyelashes, giant hair with extensions, think Kimberly Guilfoyl (sp?) If Vance goes on to a Presidential bid, I would be proud for her to be my First Lady.

All, in alI, was expecting/hoping better from Trump.
I have a feeling that the Rs think this is in the bag, and while I will admit the whole convention was one of the best I've seen on either side, Rs can't afford to take their foot off the gas.
And Trump, please go back to the thoughtful, gentler man you said you would be.

It was good but for sure too long and I didn't like the Kid Rock bit either.

I was watching it on PBS and they kept putting this little banner at the bottom saying go to our website where we are fact-checking the speech. I wondered what they would be fact-checking so I went there - it was childish. Example - they fact-checked Trump's statement that the ears bleed more than any other part of the body. Is that all you got?

He just can't help himself, though. His tone, demeanor, and attempt to unite the country was quickly countered when he went off script, for a long, long, time. Back to name calling, rigged election, blah, blah. Yuck.

He should have "humbly" asked for votes more than one time. In fact, many of the speakers didn't even ask for those at home who may be undecided to vote Trump.
ABC, baby!

I did love his 13 year old grand-daughter. She was so pretty and poised. And she spoke from her heart. Keep your paws off her, ya jackals! 13 years old.

I also really like J.D. Vance's wife. She came across as intelligent, sweetly naive about this whole business, and very natural in her appearance and delivery. (compare her face to most in the Trump woman-sphere, tons of make up, fake eyelashes, giant hair with extensions, think Kimberly Guilfoyl (sp?) If Vance goes on to a Presidential bid, I would be proud for her to be my First Lady.

All, in alI, was expecting/hoping better from Trump.
I have a feeling that the Rs think this is in the bag, and while I will admit the whole convention was one of the best I've seen on either side, Rs can't afford to take their foot off the gas.
And Trump, please go back to the thoughtful, gentler man you said you would be.
I think most of these criticisms are very valid. I got to remembering what I dislike about Trump during that speech.

It was a bit long but I generally liked it. Had a few high points like his description of last Saturday's events and the "success will bring unity" message. The last 20 minutes or so (after the bit about his dad's relationship with the Grahams) was good, forward looking and inspirational. Trump does seem more calm or toned down if you like. Perhaps after the near death (not just near death but an intentional near death as in someone narrowly missed taking him out) experience he has a new perspective on some things.
I'm not a fan of Kid Rock or The Hulk but there are millions who are. A big part of the convention is to reach out to a wide range of voters.
The golden balloons mixed in with the red, white and blue was a interesting touch too.

It's almost impossible for a 90 minute political speech to be good. I don't care what the content is or how good the delivery is. If it takes you 90 minutes to get it out, you're going to lose a ton of people. They just can't follow that long.

I was going to watch it last night, but when I saw the length of it, I changed my mind. Maybe I'll try again later this weekend.

I like Kid Rock as a performer but the contrast of him trying to be "Rock" while the audience is sober and calm is really weird.

Speech was way too long and way too much "me" (DJT)

We still have 100+ days. Whole campaigns used to be done in less than 100 days back before the '80's. the RNC and DJT would be well advised to remember that and act accordingly.

I don't want a DJT as POTUS that is focused on payback, investigations, tribunals etc. And neither do most of the other RINO's and independents. Every time he veers into this territory, he makes independents a bit more nervous that he will be the guy that wastes all of our time rehashing old grievances rather than fixing the things we sent him there for.

BOSD
When has Trump spoken about "payback or Tribunals"? When did he do payback when he was in office?
Don't you think there should be some investigations into what has gone on under Biden?

“I will appoint a real special prosecutor to go after the most corrupt president in the history of America, Joe Biden, and go after the Biden crime family.”

“ELIZABETH LYNNE CHENEY IS GUILTY OF TREASON,” one post created by another user that Trump amplified on his social media website Truth Social on Sunday reads. “RETRUTH IF YOU WANT TELEVISED MILITARY TRIBUNALS.”

I'm 100% on board with the idea that DJT was prosecuted mostly for political reasons, but I'm also 100% convinced that he committed fraud with respect to his real estate holdings and that he played very much in the grey area with respect to Stormy and hush money. While I don't like having presidents that play fast and loose with the rules, I see it as a MUCH bigger issue when our politicians (on either side of the isle) even hint at using the power of their office for retribution. I don't subscribe to the notion that turnabout is fair play.

If we think elections are conducted fraudulently, then legislatively fix the system for the future. Don't try to go back and use investigations to stir the base.

“I will appoint a real special prosecutor to go after the most corrupt president in the history of America, Joe Biden, and go after the Biden crime family.”

“ELIZABETH LYNNE CHENEY IS GUILTY OF TREASON,” one post created by another user that Trump amplified on his social media website Truth Social on Sunday reads. “RETRUTH IF YOU WANT TELEVISED MILITARY TRIBUNALS.”

I'm 100% on board with the idea that DJT was prosecuted mostly for political reasons, but I'm also 100% convinced that he committed fraud with respect to his real estate holdings and that he played very much in the grey area with respect to Stormy and hush money. While I don't like having presidents that play fast and loose with the rules, I see it as a MUCH bigger issue when our politicians (on either side of the isle) even hint at using the power of their office for retribution. I don't subscribe to the notion that turnabout is fair play.

If we think elections are conducted fraudulently, then legislatively fix the system for the future. Don't try to go back and use investigations to stir the base.
Right now the situation is that democrats wrongfully did bad things with lies and abuse of power to Trump even before he became president, then flipped the narrative and spent his entire presidency on a lie accusing him of Russian collusion, then spent the entire next four years with misuse of power and prosecutions….
And now the democrats who did all this should not be looked into?
Wasn’t Trump impeached for basically saying that the Biden/Hunter bit with Ukraine should be looked into?
So Biden does shady stuff with his son in Ukraine (surely you admit that) and then Trump is impeached for saying Biden covered it up and it should be investigated? And then Biden is never investigated or pays any price, but Trump does? Do you see how one sided this is? And now we all should just forget it all and do nothing?
We operate on a tacit agreement that two parties will share power and take turns and the military and judiciary/federal police stay out of it. How does this fail and transition into a one-party system like the CCP? When one party makes a grab for the third rail of either military or FBI/CIA/DOJ to try to eliminate the other outside the boundaries of elections and legislation. That’s what just happened in our political system. Wouldn’t you like to get to the bottom of that and know how corrupt Washington is behind the scenes?

BOSD you think Biden etc don't need investigation?
I don't know what the Cheney one is about.
I will point out that both but especially Biden are about actions by someone IN office/Federal Govt
Not as a private citizen
In office where actions have great consequences and effect on our country.

Right now the situation is that democrats wrongfully did bad things with lies and abuse of power to Trump even before he became president, then flipped the narrative and spent his entire presidency on a lie accusing him of Russian collusion, then spent the entire next four years with misuse of power and prosecutions….
And now the democrats who did all this should not be looked into?
Wasn’t Trump impeached for basically saying that the Biden/Hunter bit with Ukraine should be looked into?
So Biden does shady stuff with his son in Ukraine (surely you admit that) and then Trump is impeached for saying Biden covered it up and it should be investigated? And then Biden is never investigated or pays any price, but Trump does? Do you see how one sided this is? And now we all should just forget it all and do nothing?
We operate on a tacit agreement that two parties will share power and take turns and the military and judiciary/federal police stay out of it. How does this fail and transition into a one-party system like the CCP? When one party makes a grab for the third rail of either military or FBI/CIA/DOJ to try to eliminate the other outside the boundaries of elections and legislation. That’s what just happened in our political system. Wouldn’t you like to get to the bottom of that and know how corrupt Washington is behind the scenes?
but do you see when DJT goes off on GOP members (as he has done repeatedly) when all they've done is disagree with him, then it provides a context that political payback is his modus operandi. Do people in power need to be held to account....absolutely? But the new people in power need to do everything they can not to be acting out of retribution but true concern for the rule of law. Two-wrongs don't make a right.

The things you listed are not unimportant, but they are now so clouded with information overflow and accusations that investigations very unlikely to ever yield any results. They will be millions of dollars wasted with little to show except soundbites for each side. A better resolution is to deal with the underlying issues with term limits, finance disclosure laws, backroom deal laws, etc. If the system allows fraud and lies, then fix the system.

"Drain the swamp" should not be about chasing the swamp monsters, but rather, it should be about cleaning up the rules in the swamp.

I tend to agree with your attitude BO, but it grates my skin to think the Biden clan would get away with what I suspect (but do not know) they did to profit from corrupt financial practices with Ukraine, China and whoever.

So I watched the whole thing last night. It was the Beatles White Album of political speeches. It had some really good stuff in it and a bunch of filler and crap that seemed like it was thrown in for no reason other than to make it lengthy. Cut all that out, which would make it about half as long, and it would have been very good.

It had some really good stuff in it and a bunch of filler and crap that seemed like it was thrown in for no reason other than to make it lengthy.
I think that was likely his point. A contrast with JB who can't finish a 30 minute home team interview, with DJT going for "the longest ever" less than a week after an assassination attempt. Not a great speech tactic typically but in this exact moment and circumstances....maybe a good move.

None of us knows what it wouldbe like to be so close to getting killed. Heck none of us what it is like to live day to day with people calling for your death.
I can see that Trump out there glad to be alive and with 12k adoring fans cheering his every word would prolong the speech.
One thing I know concerns Trump. He said in an interview with Jesse Watters that he knew nothing about a person on the roof. He wonders why his SS didn't ask him to wait 5 10 or 20 minutes.That has to shake him. Why didn't His SS have him wait?

67, you’re bringing to my head a thought I just recently appreciated. Had I had a near death experience days ago I would conscientiously want to express every thought I had because it might be my last. Truthfully I can attest I speak with more awareness to my grandchildren and children since my heart issues. It just makes one realize you never know which conversation might be your final opportunity.

Back