Random Season News

Regarding the SEC schedule and new power ranking. That is an average of 10.75. With Georgia at #1. We get them at home. Take UGa out and the average is over 12. Pretty favorable for first year in SEC. We catch Michigan at a fortuitous time. They lose Corum, QB, and 4 OL starters. With several starters gone on defense. Maybe sans Harbaugh. This is about as good a year as ever for playing OU. Anything can happen in Dallas, but they are losing lots, living on portal additions and a freshman QB, with big questions at HC. The aTm is another lucky year. The animus for UT will be at highs not seen since the Bonfire debacle. Drained of talent, full of ‘middler’ transfers and new coordinators/systems. It would be hard to come up with a more anemic offense and their D is massively depleted. For all the SEC, SEC bull crap, it is just a group of teams. Some historically very good and some almost always bad. Vanderbilt is weaker than almost every Big XII team, Kentucky plays best with round balls. Besides Bama and UGa, the others are no better than Big XII without having Texas as their season maker game. It gets to be a grind to play 10 raving nuts every week with beating us as their whole life mission.
If Sark has truly remade our culture (and it certainly looks like he has) we should be able to remain focused and not have a couple of brain cramp games. Like UH and TCU almost were this year. Having done a great job of refilling WR corps, same OL with Baker likely plugged in, it is promising. Our DBs will be stronger, DL not as strong, maybe big upgrade on edge, things look rather promising.

Regarding the SEC schedule and new power ranking. That is an average of 10.75. With Georgia at #1. We get them at home. Take UGa out and the average is over 12. Pretty favorable for first year in SEC. We catch Michigan at a fortuitous time. They lose Corum, QB, and 4 OL starters. With several starters gone on defense. Maybe sans Harbaugh. This is about as good a year as ever for playing OU. Anything can happen in Dallas, but they are losing lots, living on portal additions and a freshman QB, with big questions at HC. The aTm is another lucky year. The animus for UT will be at highs not seen since the Bonfire debacle. Drained of talent, full of ‘middler’ transfers and new coordinators/systems. It would be hard to come up with a more anemic offense and their D is massively depleted. For all the SEC, SEC bull crap, it is just a group of teams. Some historically very good and some almost always bad. Vanderbilt is weaker than almost every Big XII team, Kentucky plays best with round balls. Besides Bama and UGa, the others are no better than Big XII without having Texas as their season maker game. It gets to be a grind to play 10 raving nuts every week with beating us as their whole life mission.
If Sark has truly remade our culture (and it certainly looks like he has) we should be able to remain focused and not have a couple of brain cramp games. Like UH and TCU almost were this year. Having done a great job of refilling WR corps, same OL with Baker likely plugged in, it is promising. Our DBs will be stronger, DL not as strong, maybe big upgrade on edge, things look rather promising.
I know Arkansas is supposed to be dog crap next year but that trip to Fayetteville in November screams trap game to me. Those hillbillies are going to be fired up on moonshine and ready for war. We didn’t exactly fare well on our last trip there. I know we’re much better than the last time we went there but the last thing I want to see is a bunch of inbreds making out with their sisters in the stands if they beat us.

Embrace the hate. Couldn’t be more succinctly stated. For time since about 1962, OU, Arkie, and aTm have steadily been those that our game is season defining. No arguing the Fayetteville hate. A state trouper, STATE COP, pushed my date down in the mud in 1969 outside the locker room. My laughing at her moppy look pretty well ended a short courtship. Oh well. And, there will be the ‘new guy’ hate to some degree. Not saying it will be easy, but the damn SEC is not the Klingon Federation that the aTm goobers think.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Back