Random Season News

I was kinda hoping that the baseball team’s dip in fortunes would be the only bad news we heard this spring, guess not.
Hopefully he learned a lesson that alcohol takes away things after 2 drinks.

He is a 2nd day draftee. He probably dropped 30 some spots. Still a 2nd day take unless there is a habitual issue.
Heartbreaking on many levels. My first inclination is that it’s not habitual, or Sark and the other coaches would have identified it and gotten him help.

For a DWI? I doubt it. They let a murderer play, you think they care about a DWI? If he can plug a gap, he'll get drafted.
He cost himself some draft spots, I bet. And the lower the pick, the lower the contract. Over the first 3 year contract, I can easily see him losing a couple million.

I hope that was a really memorable Pina Colada.

You'd waste a 1st round pick on someone this wreckless within weeks of this dream?

He's not a first round pick and maybe not a first day pick. I don't believe if a team had him in on their board late second or 3rd round they're not going to skip because of a DWI. If he had a history of poor behavior maybe, but not for this.

In the meantime, Happy Solar Eclipse ya’ll
IMG_2025.jpeg

ya'll are much harder on Sweat than i am. i dont drink very much but i can easily understand drinking too much at a BBQ then getting behind the wheel. If this is habitual then yes don t draft him otherwise i would draft him.

ya'll are much harder on Sweat than i am. i dont drink very much but i can easily understand drinking too much at a BBQ then getting behind the wheel. If this is habitual then yes don t draft him otherwise i would draft him.
Interesting thing is after his draft day performance, saw a few articles that had him and Murphy both on day 1. I never watch pro football so it doesnt matter to me, just happy he was a longhorn and is making waves on the draft. This part of trouble I dont like but again he is just a very young kid who screwed up. Luckily this is fixable if he works at it.

More often than not, you are correct, BUT I invite you to look at Texas HS football in the largest classification since 1945. I submit that the only time the MOST TALENTED team won that championship was Earl's Tyler John Tyler team (how many future pro athletes on that team) and Luther Booker's (pardon the profanity, Dion) Yates team.

Yes, there is a difference in college & HS, as well as, D-1 and lower classifications, but the college football landscape is littered with upsets of great, but mentally unprepared teams versus the opposite.

Was BYU more talented than OU?
Was UVA more talented than FSU?
Was A&M more talented than Texas in 1979?

DKR instilled it
Fred perpetuated it
VY brought it back to life.

We haven't had it on the Forty Acres in nearly two decades. It's great to see Sark rebuilding that culture. I have longed for the days that the name on the front of the jersey instilled fear and a hopeless feeling in the folks on the east sideline.

Jackie once said the Aggies were a sleeping giant that needed to be organized. Texas has been similar since 2010. Thank you, Sark

Jackie once said the Aggies were a sleeping giant that needed to be organized.
He tried but got caught.
Part of what holds aggy back is aggy themselves. Not much else to do in Collie Station but to convince yourself and the rest of the population that everyone else cheats to beat aggy because aggy is superior by definition.

He tried but got caught.
Part of what holds aggy back is aggy themselves. Not much else to do in Collie Station but to convince yourself and the rest of the population that everyone else cheats to beat aggy because aggy is superior by definition.
I read on TexAgs a few months back that it is wrong for other fan bases (typically larger and made up of “T-shirt fans”) to rag on aggy fans because unlike other schools, the vast majority of aggy fans are graduates of A&M, which obviously (sarc) means to criticize aggy fans is to criticize A&M, which of course is verboten. I kid you not.

The only time Texas has won a national championship in my lifetime, we had more talent than everyone else. And we know that. Maybe culture was part of that, but it was really that the roster was dripping with NFL talent at virtually every position and we had VY.

I agree that we had VY, and he was a huge difference maker. I won't argue that we had more talent than USC because we didn't. What we did have was a player culture & chemistry that took care of each other and "enforced" that culture.

Doubt that? Ask #93 from Colorado and the message sent to Gary Barnett in Reliant; OR ask Bob Stoops about the message sent to him just before he benched his starting DL. We haven't had that type leadership since, until now.

The only time Texas has won a national championship in my lifetime, we had more talent than everyone else. And we know that. Maybe culture was part of that, but it was really that the roster was dripping with NFL talent at virtually every position and we had VY.
While I wouldn’t disagree, I might add an exception: USC. But then, we had a transcendent talent who had an historic evening on 1/4/06.

While it’s too early to know, we could be entering a golden age for Texas football. That is, a time when the talent, the culture, and the caliber of coaching are all at a championship level. If so, we are all going to enjoy the next decade or so.

Recent Threads

Back