Random Season News

upload_2024-2-25_13-41-20.png

I believe Texas numbers will only increase because Sark has the football program wired up and Vic has the womens basketball working, softball is rolling, tennis is as well. The only drag is mens basketball right now but everyone knows the bell cow is football and when Texas is powerful, there is not many to compare.

There are other “experts” who would agree. I’m not a CW fan so if he flops, that’s fine with me. Ultimately, how good a passer is he? To me that has always been the question. Scrambler? Sure. But so is Murray, and my bet is that he never reaches a Top 15 level in the league.

Some would argue that the Bears really haven’t had a great quarterback since maybe Sid Luckman. Jim McMahon won a Super Bowl because he had a dominating defense. No other Bears QB immediately comes to mind.

So if I’m them, and if I can get good value for the first pick, I trade it. After all, in quarterback heavy years – and this one is just that – It seems like the first QB taken has rarely been the most successful.

While we've got a lot going for us at QB and OL, my assumption is that the line will have to kind of blur the line between "good" and "unstoppable" because there are too many cooks in the kitchen.

No one will step into a college football discussion without admitting Texas has some good offensive players, but I'm hoping for a WR to step up (like Mitchell did in 2023) and for the RB-by-committee thing to get simplified.

Is there still an SEC championship game?
To me that would be unnecessary. That would be another tough game before the playoffs.
The winner would probably get a bye for the playoffs, the loser probably not but maybe.
The winner would likely be a top 4 seed and would play 16 games if it went to the championship game. Wew, talk about needing depth.
However if the SEC championship loser should drop to the 5th seed or lower then they would play a 17 game season should they make the final championship game. Again, talk about needing depth.
That's a lot of football which doesn't make me sad.
It's a good thing there are two weeks off during the regular season and a third if a team makes it into the top 4. Just thinking from a players perspective.
This also means Manning better be ready to play or even the third string.

Last edited:
Is there still an SEC championship game?
To me that would be unnecessary. That would be another tough game before the playoffs.
The winner would probably get a bye for the playoffs, the loser probably not but maybe.
The winner would likely be a top 4 seed and would play 16 games if it went to the championship game. Wew, talk about needing depth.
However if the SEC championship loser should drop to the 5th seed or lower then they would play a 17 game season should they make the final championship game. Again, talk about needing depth.
That's a lot of football which doesn't make me sad.
It's a good thing there are two weeks off during the regular season and a third if a team makes it into the top 4. Just thinking from a players perspective.
This also means Manning better be ready to play or even the third string.

And I think this is why there is recent discussion of expanding the CFP to 14 teams. If you absorb the ACC into the B1G, SEC, and XII, the B1G and SEC want to ensure that they're taken care of in case of upset in the CCG. It basically guarantees that everyone who would have made it in the 12-team format is protected if someone comes out of nowhere and wins the conference championship. Wouldn't have a UGA situation in the future.

So the princes of polyester self-reported "minor recruiting violations". Define "minor"

1) No police report

2) No felony charges

3) No hospitalization

4) No cash exceeding $50,000

My thought is that anyone on this board could go into Columbus and find three dozen major violations before dinner.

What a joke, but then that is what the NCAA is and always has been.

The Buna Mafia retires/moves out and it takes the new regime just a couple of seasons to scratch the surface on a "time honored tradition"? Well at least nearly forty years.

What was their first clue? Think that a 6A school with 99+% Hispanic student body and an all black football team helped? Maybe the sudden shift from Baytown Sterling being the eastside powerhouse to Northshore's sudden rise to dominance could provide a clue.

Message to UIL cretins - write down the license plate numbers of cars in parking lot and run then against State records. If 23 clunkers were all inspected at same shop, that's a clue.

My cousins were never the sharpest knifes in the drawer, but DAMN!

X,

I'm trying to help a young friend of mine find a better job. He is DC at an inner city school in Houston. Great coach, great mentor, kids love and respect him. Horrible program. He's making a whopping $70,000 a year.

The Buna Mafia retires/moves out and it takes the new regime just a couple of seasons to scratch the surface on a "time honored tradition"? Well at least nearly forty years.

What was their first clue? Think that a 6A school with 99+% Hispanic student body and an all black football team helped? Maybe the sudden shift from Baytown Sterling being the eastside powerhouse to Northshore's sudden rise to dominance could provide a clue.

Message to UIL cretins - write down the license plate numbers of cars in parking lot and run then against State records. If 23 clunkers were all inspected at same shop, that's a clue.

My cousins were never the sharpest knifes in the drawer, but DAMN!
Some people actually believe that everyone else is more stupid than they are.

Recent Threads

Back