NFL.com Analysis of Ewers

PS: Say what you will about Baker, but, his team's always play hard for him and he is considered a strong leader by everyone in the league but OBJ.

Some players peak in HS, some in college (Murray?), some in the NFL. (Hurts?), and some never do.

Just a gut feel that Ewers will be the most effective NFL QB from Texas since forever. And then in 2026, he’ll be joined (probably exceeded…in the NFL) by Mr. Manning.

Both Murray and Mayfield were Systems quarterbacks in college, thriving in Riley‘s system. I personally didn’t think that Murray would ever be an effective NFL quarterback, and I still don’t. As for Mayfield, the reviews have been mixed at best. While he seems to have made a renaissance in Tampa Bay, we shall see. Call me skeptical.

Some players peak in HS, some in college (Murray?), some in the NFL. (Hurts?), and some never do.

Just a gut feel that Ewers will be the most effective NFL QB from Texas since forever. And then in 2026, he’ll be joined (probably exceeded…in the NFL) by Mr. Manning.

Both Murray and Mayfield were Systems quarterbacks in college, thriving in Riley‘s system. I personally didn’t think that Murray would ever be an effective NFL quarterback, and I still don’t. As for Mayfield, the reviews have been mixed at best. While he seems to have made a renaissance in Tampa Bay, we shall see. Call me skeptical.
I’m a little skeptical as well. Hopeful, but skeptical.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-GEORGIA *
Sat, Oct 19 • 6:30 PM on ABC

Back