January 6 was a lie

McConnell really hurt his credibility here. Tucker was sharing legitimate information on a highly publicized news story. I have yet to hear what exactly was misleading or incorrect about the videos he shared. Reminds me of the Hunter Biden non-denials from Brandon about Russian disinformation.

Demx need to provide proof Tuckers video were not legit.
Will be waiting for more than faux outrage
:popcorn:
I went round and round with one on Twitter yesterday...they never could provide a link to a clip that they claimed was 'edited' in a 'deceptive manner.' I all but got them to admit they didn't even WATCH any of the Tucker clips...

McConnell really hurt his credibility here. Tucker was sharing legitimate information on a highly publicized news story. I have yet to hear what exactly was misleading or incorrect about the videos he shared. Reminds me of the Hunter Biden non-denials from Brandon about Russian disinformation.
Thankfully Cocaine Mitch fell and couldn’t get up.

We can't keep having our leaders adopting left wing viewpoints.

FqvA-BuXwAIr_fJ

How is this fair?
"The ex-lawyer for Jacob Chansley, the Navy veteran known widely in the media as the "QAnon Shaman" for his outlandish look during the Capitol riot on Jan. 6, told Fox News' Tucker Carlson he had not seen the newly-released footage that could have aided his client against federal charges. "
Former lawyer for 'QAnon Shaman' says Jan. 6 footage wasn't shown to client, calls prison sentence a 'tragedy'
Deep down the elites are afraid the people will realize the grifters that they are and significantly cut off the spigot. Their ability to raise and collect taxes depends 100% on legitimacy. The power of the purse is what they desire the most (outside of the ideologues).

So I watched the January 6 segments with Carlson including the video he showed, and there are a few levels to my opinion. Does it fundamentally change my view of January 6? No. We're still looking at people breaking into the Capitol through violence in order to illegally overturn a duly certified presidential election and perhaps murder Mike Pence if he didn't go along, and there's no getting around that. Those who actually did this were and still are very bad actors.

Does that mean it changes nothing? No. It undermines the political narrative and could undermine the prosecutions of specific defendants.

1. Specifically, this whole thing simply wasn't as big as they claimed it to be. There were definitely some violent actors who destroyed property and injured people, but most inside damaged nothing and hurt nobody. Even if they wanted to do a bad thing, they were trespassers and not much more.

2. The rioters most likely killed nobody.

3. The "QAnon Shaman" goofball probably was punished more because he looked like an idiot than because of anything he did. Not saying he did nothing, but many are routinely punished less severely for much worse conduct.

4. The Capitol police were much more cooperative with the rioters than made out to be. They claim that their behavior was to deescalate the situation. I can understand that to a point, but there's a difference between passively not stopping the rioters while you seek reinforcements and leading people around and actively letting them into the Senate chamber. I have no idea why they did this. Were they told to do it by someone? Who the hell knows? Either way, it could harm some of the prosecutions.

A few other observations. The media's lack of interest in these videos shows how unprofessional and partisan they really are. They wanted a completely black and white story that supported the left's interests, so they cared little about the fact that they didn't have all available information. They just spouted crap, and of course, they blew their credibility even further.

The GOP shouldn't have avoided the January 6 Commission. By not going along, they allowed the Democrats (through the Select Committee) to completely set the political narrative on the issue going into the '22 election. There was nobody to second guess anything or even point out that key information was withheld from the public. I suspect that they thought they had no tools in their shed. They did, and they blew it.

So Maybe there is some to what is being revealed.
Is it so implausible to you that this was Demx orchestrated?

Yes, there was violence but the capital police did start it. The crowd was peaceful until they started throwing flash bangs into the crowded areas. I can't find the video right now for some reason but a cop even mentioned that they need to stop with the flashbangs (stun grenades) because the crowd is getting pissed. Btw, here's a shot of the peaceful crowd getting bombed.

I'm convinced that the government wanted this to happen.

Last edited:
So I watched the January 6 segments with Carlson including the video he showed, and there are a few levels to my opinion. Does it fundamentally change my view of January 6? No. We're still looking at people breaking into the Capitol through violence in order to illegally overturn a duly certified presidential election and perhaps murder Mike Pence if he didn't go along, and there's no getting around that. Those who actually did this were and still are very bad actors.

Does that mean it changes nothing? No. It undermines the political narrative and could undermine the prosecutions of specific defendants.

1. Specifically, this whole thing simply wasn't as big as they claimed it to be. There were definitely some violent actors who destroyed property and injured people, but most inside damaged nothing and hurt nobody. Even if they wanted to do a bad thing, they were trespassers and not much more.

2. The rioters most likely killed nobody.

3. The "QAnon Shaman" goofball probably was punished more because he looked like an idiot than because of anything he did. Not saying he did nothing, but many are routinely punished less severely for much worse conduct.

4. The Capitol police were much more cooperative with the rioters than made out to be. They claim that their behavior was to deescalate the situation. I can understand that to a point, but there's a difference between passively not stopping the rioters while you seek reinforcements and leading people around and actively letting them into the Senate chamber. I have no idea why they did this. Were they told to do it by someone? Who the hell knows? Either way, it could harm some of the prosecutions.

A few other observations. The media's lack of interest in these videos shows how unprofessional and partisan they really are. They wanted a completely black and white story that supported the left's interests, so they cared little about the fact that they didn't have all available information. They just spouted crap, and of course, they blew their credibility even further.

The GOP shouldn't have avoided the January 6 Commission. By not going along, they allowed the Democrats (through the Select Committee) to completely set the political narrative on the issue going into the '22 election. There was nobody to second guess anything or even point out that key information was withheld from the public. I suspect that they thought they had no tools in their shed. They did, and they blew it.
I agree with your post for the most part. But the Republicans suggested members to be part of the committee, but Pelosi turned them down for two anti Trump members. Both lost re-election.

These videos don’t exonerate or convict any participants, but the videos do show this was a political hack job. And how people were convicted without full due process should scare anyone - especially lawyers.

I agree with your post for the most part. But the Republicans suggested members to be part of the committee, but Pelosi turned them down for two anti Trump members. Both lost re-election.

These videos don’t exonerate or convict any participants, but the videos do show this was a political hack job. And how people were convicted without full due process should scare anyone - especially lawyers.

People who were invited in by the capital police (as shown by video) should have their trespassing charges dropped. People who came through the windows shouldn't.

Last edited:

I'm not talking about the Select Committee. That was sham from the beginning. I'm talking about the proposed commission that would have had an equal number of Dems and Republicans appointed by the leadership. It wasn't a perfect situation, but it would have been a hell of a lot better than what they ultimately got.

I wouldn't necessarily say they don't exonerate anybody. It depends on the defendant and the charge. It might exonerate some. It doesn't exonerate anyone who broke in, committed acts of violence or vandalism, or disrupted the proceedings. But could they potentially exonerate those who truly were mere trespassers or alleged trespassers? Yes.

For those people, there should be appeals looking at whether or not exculpatory evidence was withheld. If it was, the convictions should be in overturned. If it was withheld knowingly, the prosecutors should be disbarred.

Deez,

Agree and innoncents should either be retried or have their record expunged. However, the issue is where any proceedings would take place. If in DC or Maryland a waste of time because those courts are in lock-step with the Justice Department. Evidence means nothing in those two courts.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back