Israel = the Good Guys in the Middle East; their neighboring states are unsavory and un-trustworthy

They all mention a report coming from Haaretz. What do we know about this Haaretz news? Is it trustworthy?

We've already seen American news agencies like the NY Times spew Hamas propaganda like the hospital stuff. Is this more of it or actually real?

It is like BBC news in the UK. It is the biggest news organization in Israel. It provides the mainstream view in Israel. That doesn't mean it is always correct. This report may not be. But it is a serious source that is definitely not from a Palestinian perspective.

We've already seen American news agencies like the NY Times spew Hamas propaganda like the hospital stuff. Is this more of it or actually real?

Of course. I think the important thing is to read news from the different sources and directions to try to triangulate what is truth. It is hard to understand during war as it is happening because both sides will use propaganda to convince the public to support their side. You can't really trust Israeli supporting sources or Palestinian supporting sources. Haaretz is a more of an Israeli supporting source reporting something negative about Israel so my antennae perked up.

It isn't clear if the IDF is still using this but, they have followed the "Hannibal directive" in hostage situations. This could be an example of that.

This Megatron cat is cheering on Hamas, Iran, China, and Hezbollah.

You have to look at what both sides are saying to see if you can make out what is true. Again, I only used his tweet because he referenced mainstream Israeli news media.

OMG! That means Haaretz' report isn't true! The only reason I used his tweet is because he referenced a report from the Israeli BBC.

Cool. Why didn't you just go to the Haaretz site than using an anti-Semitic site than says Jews were behind 9/11.

Because that is what popped up in my twitter feed. The original link had a tweet so I thought there was the direct reference, but as you found out it was all in Hebrew. I don't read Hebrew that well so I looked for other links back to that initial report.

Haaretz is very left leaning and despises Netanyahu. Very much like NYT and WaPo hate Trump and have posted many stories that have been proven false.

Haaretz is very left leaning and despises Netanyahu. Very much like NYT and WaPo hate Trump and have posted many stories that have been proven false.

That is true of every mainstream news service. Like I said it is the Jewish BBC.

If you read the article if references a police investigation which came to the conclusion, so the actual source isn't Haaretz but Israeli police.

And it isn't just Haaretz that despises Netanyahu. A significant majority of Israelis have been calling for his resignation for corruption.

"Useful Idiot for Hamas..."

Greta_Thunberg_at_the_Parliament_33744056508.jpg

‘Useful idiot for Hamas’: Greta Thunberg attends anti-Israel rally chanting ‘Crush Zionism’

She had her 9th birthday while being held hostage by Hamas:

_131820838_215f6391-67ac-40a8-841d-2a8c25ad93c7.jpg

I hope she gets a super-special party now that she's back.

_131820934_orfamily.jpg

Noam Or (17) and Alma Or (13), both just released. But the terrorists still hold their dad hostage... Their mother was murdered by Hamas at the Kibbutz on October 7. They just found out that their mother had been murdered after their release.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Back