INFLATION--now the top issue for young adults in the 2024 election

Is there a law that prohibits him from being Mayor if Houston, County Judge of Harris County, Governor, & President all at the same time? Certainly this guy isn't a career politician?

Is there a law that prohibits him from being Mayor if Houston, County Judge of Harris County, Governor, & President all at the same time? Certainly this guy isn't a career politician?

I believe Harris County Regulation Bylaws state that the mayor's IQ must be no higher than the "55 to 69: Mild mental disability" range. This guy would surely fail that requirement.

This explains what I was trying to say months ago because it impacts the stock market.

IMG_9109.jpeg

mc
I know whatever you were trying to say months ago was prescient. You have an understanding some of us never will.
Do you mind explaining what that graph means to people like me? :thumbup:

mc
I know whatever you were trying to say months ago was prescient. You have an understanding some of us never will.
Do you mind explaining what that graph means to people like me? :thumbup:
Normal folks care that prices have risen 20-25% since late 2021. Economists and market watchers don’t care about the past but future inflation which is flattening out since that impacts interest rates, etc. Remember all that inflation in the 1970’s? No one cares about it now. And those that did are either dead or had enough working years ahead of them that it didn’t matter that much.

Normal folks care that prices have risen 20-25% since late 2021. Economists and market watchers don’t care about the past but future inflation which is flattening out since that impacts interest rates, etc. Remember all that inflation in the 1970’s? No one cares about it now. And those that did are either dead or had enough working years ahead of them that it didn’t matter that much.
Don't forget COLA and SSA benefits are calculated on a date in June/July. Not going to be a good number for 2025.

Inflation in May slowed to its lowest annual rate in more than three years, the Commerce Department reported on Friday. Core PCE rose just 0.1% last month and 2.6% from the prior year. Both estimates were in line with the Dow Jones consensus estimates. The core PCE index is the Federal Reserve's preferred inflation measure.

mc
So the cost of stuff isn't projected to rise as much? But the day to day reality for regular people is the NOW costs are so high it is hard for most to make it.
Trying to figure out how smaller rises in costs can be great news for the Admin.knowing they and MSM will try to spin it as great.
Doubt many regular Americans will see it the same way.

mc
So the cost of stuff isn't projected to rise as much? But the day to day reality for regular people is the NOW costs are so high it is hard for most to make it.
Trying to figure out how smaller rises in costs can be great news for the Admin.knowing they and MSM will try to spin it as great.
Inflation is mostly related to housing now, which is directly related to the 10-20 million new immigrants in the US. They have to live somewhere.

Regardless of the Biden spin on inflation - I keep buying food, and I watch the prices continue to increase. And my income is fixed. Somehow that just doesn't add up to the Biden line on inflation.

Regardless of the Biden spin on inflation - I keep buying food, and I watch the prices continue to increase. And my income is fixed. Somehow that just doesn't add up to the Biden line on inflation.
It’s being done on purpose to you. They are lying to avoid admitting it.

HHD, I just got another slap - electric provider is raising my /kw 60% with next contract. Looking around I see I had an exceptional rate for my last contract because the new rate appears to be comparable with the competition. Colluders.

It’s amazing 67, everyone else is coming in higher! I guess I should praise the Lord I have had such a good rate for the past two years but it wasn’t the absolute lowest when I signed up. Last time I was told it was increasing due to my renewal coming in the summer months when rates are higher. I think that increase may have been 1-2cents. This increase is a full 4 cents, going from .07 to .112 cents. This means a total of .15/kw. So far every competitor I have reviewed is .15 or greater, most are greater. Sucks.

Electricity is going up because of all the solar and wind being installed. It is costs more over the life of the equipment and you have to have thermal backup when they don't work.

And Don’t forget to gloat over the Californians you know that Texas is #1 in green energy/renewable energy.

:trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy:

I think in ages past, Western NY had the cheapest electricity because of Niagara Falls. Today, Washington State must hold the hydro power advantage.

It is irritating when the same thermal power which powered everything before the green stuff can now not provide adequate back up? Greenies need to be squashed like a bug.

Ugh, inflation. Ate Mexican today and my wife and I split a 3 taco plate with rice and beans & two teas...... $31. What the actual ****??? Doesn't seem that long ago 5 of us could eat for less than $40.....that was ONE freaking plate of tacos.

I’m sick of it but not that sick yet 67 won’t do Taco Bell except for those cheeses things for my grandson who is a frustrating eater.
I remember how I almost choked last football game when I had our standard fare at Polvo’s and got a $71 bill. Fajita for one with choriqueso, mango Rita for her and a beer for me. I remember the same with three margaritas (2 mine) and a bill just over $40. And I’m not talking 10 years ago, more like 4. It’s just getting harder.
Good Lord, just saw a Biden ad “Joe just gets things done”, how can they show that stuff?

Back