INFLATION--now the top issue for young adults in the 2024 election

Demz doing backflips because inflation is "down" to 2.9%. That is year over year. Kind of misleading as food prices are up 20% and Energy prices are up over 50% over the past 3 1/2 years.

Does anyone really believe food prices are only up 20 percent? That sure as hell isn't my experience.

Does anyone really believe food prices are only up 20 percent? That sure as hell isn't my experience.
Was at Kroger last night...those chincy Tony's pizzas that used be 10 for $10 are now 2 for $4.

It wasn't that they were good, but they were a Sunday afternoon guilty pleasure while watching games...

Was at Kroger last night...those chincy Tony's pizzas that used be 10 for $10 are now 2 for $4.

That's consistent with what I've seen as well. Not everything has doubled, but I buy few things that are only 20 percent up.

It wasn't that they were good, but they were a Sunday afternoon guilty pleasure while watching games...
I firmly believe that food taste is a horseshoe rather than a straight line. Some foods are so nasty that they start to taste good. That's how I feel about Alsups burritos and Totinos pizza rolls. It's some of the most processed, low-quality **** you can put in your mouth. But I like them anyway.

Not my experience, either. When Trump was POTUS, my biweekly trips to the Commissary ran about $225. My last trip to the Commissary (last week) was $385. And grocery prices are not going down...

Last edited:
Trump is having his Second presser of the Week
He had grocery items there and showed the biggest increases.
Not being shown on CNN or old media . On Fox

Not my experience, either. When Trump was POTUS, my biweekly rips to the Commissary ran about $225. My last trip to the Commissary (last week) was $385. And grocery prices are not going down...

Overseas the Commissary is a crappy deal for most things. After being overseas for 14 years, I've learned to avoid them other than for a few items like Jiff Peanut Butter. For most items, it's better to buy off base. That was especially true in Germany but still true here.

Overseas the Commissary is a crappy deal for most things.
The Commissary at NAS Fort Worth Joint Reserve Base (the old Carswell AFB) is still a pretty decent place to shop. Most things are cheaper than the local grocery stores. The big savings is avoiding the Texas sales tax (8.25%) on non-food items - paper towels, paper plates, feminine hygiene products, etc. And since I buy a lot of cat food and kitty litter, the savings add up! :)

The Commissary at NAS Fort Worth Joint Reserve Base (the old Carswell AFB) is still a pretty decent place to shop. Most things are cheaper than the local grocery stores. The big savings is avoiding the Texas sales tax (8.25%) on non-food items - paper towels, paper plates, feminine hygiene products, etc. And since I buy a lot of cat food and kitty litter, the savings add up! :)

I suspect the overseas commissaries simply have to change more, because their costs are higher, because American items there are priced pretty high. If you can buy the British equivalents you save a ton, even paying the 20 percent VAT.

However, some of the best deals the Commissary has are on European/British items. They basically are selling them at cost, and since they're supplied locally rather than imported from the US, they're dirt cheap. For example, I really like a British brand of fizzy mineral water. I pay less than half of what it costs at British stores.

Just as a side note on grocery shopping - between biweekly Commissary trips, I buy other items at Tom Thumb (Safeway) in Arlington - milk, eggs, and so on. I have found that Safeway has some store-brand cereals that are cheaper there than the name brand cereals at the Commissary - and I can't tell any difference in taste or quality. I may start looking at other Safeway-branded products.

Trump is having his Second presser of the Week
He had grocery items there and showed the biggest increases.
Not being shown on CNN or old media . On Fox
Not only that, but the MSM couldn't stop talking about how mean Trump is and calling Kamal names. I don't know they don't be honest and call themselves MSDNC. And the sheeple just lap it up.

Americans 18-34 years, top issues ranked:

1. Inflation
2. Abortion
3. Gun violence
4. Climate
5. Border Security
6. Student Loan Debt
7. Israel-Hamas war
8. Supreme Court
9. Mental Health
10. Rebuilding Confidence in Public Institutions
11. AI
12. Childcare

Americans 18-34 years, top issues ranked:

1. Inflation
2. Abortion
3. Gun violence
4. Climate
5. Border Security
6. Student Loan Debt
7. Israel-Hamas war
8. Supreme Court
9. Mental Health
10. Rebuilding Confidence in Public Institutions
11. AI
12. Childcare

The fact that abortion is #2 and corrupt government is not on the list is alarming.

2, 3, and 4 aren't even problems really. They are all manufactured fears by the media. They also won't say what the solution to 3 is, which is more lawful and vigilant gun owners.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back