INFLATION--FED announces 0.50% interest rate cut

By the way, an online calculator of current inflation (with lags are removed such as housing rents) show inflation at 2%.
does it include energy and food? The real calculation (not something I read on the internet or produced by the dems) is 16% since January 2021.

Also, retirement COLA's are rearward facing - i.e. they never catch up with inflation.

does it include energy and food? The real calculation (not something I read on the internet or produced by the dems) is 16% since January 2021.

Also, retirement COLA's are rearward facing - i.e. they never catch up with inflation.
It would be inflation in July over June, then annualized (multiplied by 12).

January, 2021 is 2.5 years ago. We are talking today.

Retirement was good while it lasted. Back to the salt mines!

It would be inflation in July over June, then annualized (multiplied by 12).
The 2% is included in the 16%. (It cannot be July as July still has 8 days left. It is June over May.) Anyway, gas is up 12.34% over the period 01 May to 21 July (covers the 2% inflation period).

The 2% is included in the 16%. (It cannot be July as July still has 8 days left. It is June over May.) Anyway, gas is up 12.34% over the period 01 May to 21 July (covers the 2% inflation period).
It’s calculated daily - called real time inflation (annualized).

16% is the comparative number. You can make up any calculation you want, but 16% is the REAL number since January of 2021.

16% is the comparative number. You can make up any calculation you want, but 16% is the REAL number since January of 2021.
That may be true but inflation is reported on an annualized basis - always has. Regardless, people base their investment decisions on today’s information - not from 2021!

361926994_1124980841791112_7334948537094785053_n.jpg

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/07/26/fed-meeting-july-2023-.html

The Fed just hiked the interest rate another quarter point to fight inflation.

• The Federal Reserve approved a much-anticipated interest rate hike that takes benchmark borrowing costs to their highest level in more than 22 years.
  • The quarter percentage point increase will bring the fed funds rate to a target range of 5.25%-5.5%
  • While policymakers indicated at the June meeting that two rate hikes are coming this year, markets are pricing in a better-than-even chance that there won’t be any more moves this year.
  • Chair Jerome Powell said the central bank will make data-driven decisions on a “meeting-by-meeting” basis.
The Fed ain't fooling around. They're out to stop this inflation, and keep it stopped, even if a (mildish) recession results.

I’m getting dizzy from all the ways to measure inflation. All I know is everything costs me more and I stay pissed, not good for my heart.

Hopefully, you really don't believe about any economic data is put out by the US Government (by either party). Check the grocery store and the gas station will tell you everything you need to know.
Inflation and high prices are not the same. You can have high prices from past inflation and low inflation now. Again they are not the same.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Back