Horns vs Sooners

Tomorrow is the one day in the year where OU will suck for only 23 hours. They’ll make up for it 25 hours of suckage one day in the fall.

Since I grew up in the Lubbock area, still have lots of family and friends who are rabid tt fans. Found some comments yesterday interesting about our UT fans. My friend noted how pathetic it was for rt to lecture folks on the down horns and then listen to the students chant "ou sucks" (bravo for the students). I know rt apologized for addressing the down horns and passion causes everyone to make mistakes now and then. My only point is its ironic to hear the opinions of opponents about Texas. I believe its just jealousy for the most part for tt being left out of the move and always being a little behind. Either way just sharing some thoughts.

To finish 9-9 in conference after the start this team had is a pretty freaking incredible job by Terry who since that rant about the Horns down has really buckled down and gotten this team in a good place. Before the season, the ceiling for this team in conference given the extraordinary strength of the Big XII was probably 11-7 and the floor (especially after that UCF loss) was somewhere around 4-14. To be so much closer to the ceiling than the floor is a sign of good year and for all the naysayers out there is a sign of a good coach. I'm not saying Terry is the one to lead Texas to the ultimate promised land or that we now shower him with money and an extension but my fears that he would be such a failure he would be gone after one full year have thankfully not come to fruition.

Terry is a .500 coach so 9-9 is pretty good. He needs to win a couple of B12 tournament games and at least a first round NCAA game and then hold on to his recruits. I want to see him succeed but he has to actually do it.

Terry is a .500 coach so 9-9 is pretty good. He needs to win a couple of B12 tournament games and at least a first round NCAA game and then hold on to his recruits. I want to see him succeed but he has to actually do it.
Agree with those points and the expectations to close the season. But his win percentage at Texas is .695 (41-18) not .500. That's the best win percentage for a Texas coach since Ed Olle in the 1930s. Better than Beard, Shaka, Barnes, Penders and Lemon.

Agree with those points and the expectations to close the season. But his win percentage at Texas is .695 (41-18) not .500. That's the best win percentage for a Texas coach since Ed Olle in the 1930s. Better than Beard, Shaka, Barnes, Penders and Lemon.

Yeah that's technically true counting last year. Are you implying Terry is the best coach in Texas history, cuz it seems like that is your point. Yes we know he took over for Beard last year and guided that team to the Elite 8. We were all around for that. You know Terrys career coaching record. That might be more accurate than a half a season with a loaded roster.

Getting the 7 seed actually did not do the Horns any favors. Have to get past wheat aggy in Kansas City first before getting to the clones.

You do realize that would mean a win over 2d seed ISU in the Big XII tourney, right? You might want to temper your expectations a tad.

Ok then win one game and not get blown out. Then again it has been pointed out that Terry has the best winning percentage in Texas history since the 30s so maybe he should win the whole tournament.

Last edited:

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-GEORGIA *
Sat, Oct 19 • 6:30 PM on ABC

Back