Fall Camp

Is Texas that desperate ? Those resumes aren't exactly promising.
Isn't the athletic ability and over all talent level so much better with the 2 Sark is trying from the team?. They know the system and culture
Plus do not want a Bailor cast off named Squirwl

Isn't the athletic ability and over all talent level so much better with the 2 Sark is trying from the team?. They know the system and culture

No. They are not.

These guys would be emergency short term fill in's. No one's looking for them to make a significant contribution. How good do you have to be to fill that role?

Jake Majors is walking in a boot.

Nothing official, but it sounds like it’s “precautionary” and “not that bad.” A sprain is the speculation.

OTF's Bobby Burton and CJ Vogel reported on Aug. 17 that Majors was held out of the scrimmage due to the ankle injury for the first-team offensive line for the Longhorns today. Majors was reportedly in a "precautionary boot" in Saturday's fall scrimmage.

Hayden Conner shifted over from left guard to the center position to with the first-team offensive line in today's scrimmage. It also sounds like redshirt sophomore Connor Robertson got a few first-team reps at center with the interior offensive line rotating in for the scrimmage today.

It's also noteworthy that junior offensive lineman Cole Hutson took the bulk of the first-team reps in Conner's usual spot at left guard in the scrimmage and goal line work.

To hell with the "precautionary boot", doesn't anyone in Travis County have any poke salad? Any trainer that doesn't keep poke salad in his freezer should be selling women's shoes at JC Penny.

I see Texas has picked up a grad transfer RB. Maybe someone can post the link?

Curious-- Colton Vasek was flipped for ou with a great deal of hype yet I haven't heard him mentioned in any discussions. What is his status ?

Curious-- Colton Vasek was flipped for ou with a great deal of hype yet I haven't heard him mentioned in any discussions. What is his status ?
Worried about his status from the back injury. Power DE's have to be able to twist and use that core more than pretty much any other position on D, and if he's healthy, he can contribute. The fact that we haven't heard much about anyone competing with Sorrell or Finkley or whoever on that side doesn't bode well for him.

Worried about his status from the back injury. Power DE's have to be able to twist and use that core more than pretty much any other position on D, and if he's healthy, he can contribute. The fact that we haven't heard much about anyone competing with Sorrell or Finkley or whoever on that side doesn't bode well for him.
Thanks for this info. Does anyone else have any additional updates on his health status. I hope the young man hangs in there and fully recovers--gives himself plenty of time to fully heal before trying to comeback. His talent and motor were all good. Hopefully, he can fully recover and have a wonderful career.
I remember a top recruit from Mack's years: Tony Hills, who injured his leg and took a couple of years to recover. He became a very good player, had a nice career and graduated.

I think Hills was recruited as a can't-miss TE and had rumors about 4.5 speed to go with his 270 pounds. The injuries turned him into a good OT and the most reliable guy out there until he broke his leg. Has a Super Bowl ring though.

He was turning heads early in camp. I wouldn't worry about him.
Yes, he played well in the spring game and word is that the nagging injury is no longer nagging. When I watched he and Burke's HS film (where they played on opposites ends of the D line) it was Vasek who stood out. He's violent.

I hope to see the interior O-line play better in short yardage situations than last year. We were one of the worst teams in the country on 3rd/4th and short.

Last edited:

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back