Economic stimulus package

First of all the linking of Bush's expiring tax cut policy to the economic stimulus package as a condition of a package would have been.... dumb. The real probel is that we are not going to have a targeted rebates, those at the top end of the spectrum simply put the money in the bank I think the figure was $30 out of the rebate in 2001 was spent by that demographic. Give it to the middle class and they burn every dime. Look at the saving rate for evidence if you delusionally belive otherwise.

What will be interesting to me is how strongly the GOP insists on giving checks to millionaires? Or whether the Dems will cave to get the rest of the money. The real problem was that we failed to regulate lending because the official policy was EVERYONE should own a home! Think of the stimulas package we could handle without Iraq? As was mentioned earlier in the thread there is a lot of money being spent there... and the mission was accomplished how long ago.

Anyhow unless it's very targeted it won't work and targeted is what Bush doesn't want.... on the tax side of the ledger and thus the rebate side of the ledger.

I'm not sure I see the point in betting my own privileges when you'll already have to stay off here for a year anyway. How about adding another year? If the BLS doesn't report that the average inflation for 2008 is above 10%, you don't post here for all of 2010.

Does anyone happen to know whether the claim that military spending, as a % of the total federal budget, is about the same now as it was under Clinton, takes into account the various supplemental war funding bills Congress has passed?

Back