DanaJacobson suspended by ESPN

Where else can one go but hornfans.com to find such a large group of people who don't understand why others would be offended by remarks like these. Of course, if she was aggy talking about some religious, racial or ethnic minority, there would be complete understanding and scorn.

popcorn.gif

And were an ESPN employee to march in a KKK parade and be recognized as an ESPN employee, I suspect he wouldn't be an ESPN employee for very much longer.

And forgive me for going back to this, but I really have to:

In reply to:

I have also occasionally seen the religions categorized that way. I don't think it is necessarily meant as a slap to Catholicism.

Being a Catholic certainly doesn't disqualify a person from being a Christian...just like being a Methodist or Baptist or Presbyterian, etc. doesn't make a person a Christian...like hanging out in the garage doesn't make you a car.

Perhaps I'm just not easily offended. I get what you're saying, netslave, and I kind of put it as akin to saying "**** your mother" or something like that. And if she were to day "**** LonghornLawyer's mother," I just don't think I'd be offended. I'd roll my eyes and think she's an *******, but I wouldn't be terribly offended.

Or perhaps I'm confusing the concepts of "offended" and "upset." Perhaps I'd be mildly offended because of the inappropriateness of it, but I wouldn't find it upsetting in the least. Maybe that's the way to conceptualize it--is anyone really upset by her comments?

How so?

Just FYI, here's the Catholic Encyclopedia's explanation of what blasphemy is: "While etymologically blasphemy may denote the derogation of the honour due to a creature as well as of that belonging to God, in its strict acceptation it is used only in the latter sense. Hence it has been defined by Francisco Suárez as "any word of malediction, reproach, or contumely pronounced against God".

She's back....anyone see the beginning of the show?

I watched a minute of the 2nd hour. She wasn't wearing a crucifix on her necklace or anything, so who knows where things stand now.
confused.gif

I was just merely regurgitating a fact taught to me in a Texas public institution of higher learning. Did not mean to offend anyone. Write your congressmen...

Recent Threads

Back