aggy WR suspensed

G&P,

By all accounts he's a good kid. Glad the powers that be got him out of the problem. I lived through our Tony Edwards fiasco, so I frequently am skeptical of reports. I hope the officer has been "promoted" to assistant chief in Dime Box.
Most University PD officers I've encountered think they're John McLane when they're really Barney Fife.

I'd only heard good things about Smith until this incident. I hope DPS gives the UPD a stringent review of their SOPs... PDQ (sorry, couldn't resist).

GP,

Cunningham was a Michigan State reject whose incompetence worked him up the ladder to President, then Chancellor. He filled the school with BigTen rejects (Financial Services, Housing, Food Services, etc). He brought in a moron from Ohio State to be Police Chief. This mental midget had never seen a football game at Memorial Stadium, yet redirected traffic. In case of an emergency, including shooter, bomb threat, etc, his plan was to funnel all traffic to 23rd (Deloss Dodds Way) and 19th, then have those 35-40,000 cars proceed orderly to I-35. He also closed certain secondary exits from garages.

When I drove to Austin to "visit" with him, I asked if he was going to get a bull horn to notify the culprits that we needed two plus hours to get everyone out. I told him if the Trinity exit from the San Jacinto garage was closed next Saturday. I was providing him with a description of my truck plus my TDL and address because I would take the Ranch Hand bumper, breakoff the arm at the exit, backup and do it twice more. Needless to say, he didn't last too long, but the exits were open.

Mind you this was at the time that The University had a problem so serious with terrorist, that neither he, the administration, nor the Austin FBI office knew about it.

Well, he went to Dulles in Sugar Land class of 19’. He was voted best male athlete and my daughter Anna was best female athlete. He was the only boy that could outrun Anna until about 9th grade. They were HS friends and he was a good kid in HS. I spoke to him after HS games a few times. Very respectful. I guess the spotlight and NIL money got to him. He was’nt ready for all that. None of them are. I just know Ainias and can vouch for him pre Aggie Football. Dulles Football has not been the same since he left! He’ll be at Anna’s wedding whenever that is.
Yep- really really hard for me to cast judgement on any male below 24 based upon my stoopidity at that demographic

Back to topic at hand...

Being under .08 does not mean he was not a person capable of being convicted. However, had he been under the age of 21, ANY detectable amount is evidence of the offense. This one will probably come down to a review of the dash cam and any available body cam. If he acted a fool on video, they will find some way to prove up the case, and then probably offer a deferred on the weapon since 1) it was present when the crime was committed and 2) most campus properties tend to be gun-free zones under the law...and we can reasonably presume this was on campus if aggy PD was involved.

Expect the case to go through a series of continuances until it is confirmed that aggy train left the rails in November...

Back to topic at hand...

Being under .08 does not mean he was not a person capable of being convicted. However, had he been under the age of 21, ANY detectable amount is evidence of the offense. This one will probably come down to a review of the dash cam and any available body cam. If he acted a fool on video, they will find some way to prove up the case, and then probably offer a deferred on the weapon since 1) it was present when the crime was committed and 2) most campus properties tend to be gun-free zones under the law...and we can reasonably presume this was on campus if aggy PD was involved.

Expect the case to go through a series of continuances until it is confirmed that aggy train left the rails in November...
Smith's attorney has said Brazos County has dropped the charges.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back