Abilene Christian Game

Chop

10,000+ Posts
Fortunately, no team from ACU could ever beat a Longhorn team in football, basketball, or baseball. Could never happen. The coaching disparity between our two teams/programs is just too great.

:popcorn:

It will be interesting to see what Pierce does with the pitching here.

1. Get everybody who hasn't thrown last weekend an inning or two. Keep the arms from getting rusty. (this is probably what he'll do)

or

2. Try out the Freshmen we haven't seen yet. I'd like to see both Zaharias and Bertsch throw a few innings each at least. I don't know how either will pan out, but Zaharias was a freakishly good high school athlete who averaged over 2 strikeouts per inning:yikes: in a large school competitive California league. Throws 93 mph fastballs and has near-average MLB-level spin rates on his breaking stuff. Also, we need to see more of O'Hara.

Abilene Christian brings right-hander Rolando De La Cruz, with his 8.16 ERA :confused::confused::confused: to the mound to start against the Longhorns.

Baseball preview: Abilene Christian - University of Texas Athletics

1200px-Abilene_Christian_Wildcats_logo.svg.png

"Great Works of Art" may not be a phrase you would normally associate with Abilene Christian University.

But, Jack Maxwell's "Jacob's Dream" sculpture on ACU's campus might approach that level:

c7fde2059e5119b901a8e2192396dc30.jpg

statue-1024x623.jpg

hope our guys don't play this one the way they did last Tuesday. ACU has beaten Baylor in Waco this year and played OSU, tceh, and TCU very close. And they did something Texas couldn't, they beat TAMCC.

ACU already has a tribute wall in the basketball arena, I'd rather not give them another.

a1581be65ff3e0ae4487f48ed36d193e.jpeg

Fortunately, no team from ACU could ever beat a Longhorn team in football, basketball, or baseball. Could never happen. The coaching disparity between our two teams/programs is just too great.

:popcorn:
As much as I hate to correct you, but ACU has beaten Texas in basketball just a few years back. Basketball is a game that the big name teams can easily lose to lesser schools and we did. Should never have happened but its a crazy world for the last 10 years.

As much as I hate to correct you, but ACU has beaten Texas in basketball just a few years back. Basketball is a game that the big name teams can easily lose to lesser schools and we did. Should never have happened but its a crazy world for the last 10 years.

On Chop’s behalf I will advise you to turn on your sarcasm meter to fully appreciate what he was doing there.

On Chop’s behalf I will advise you to turn on your sarcasm meter to fully appreciate what he was doing there.
And I even put a little emoji face eating popcorn at the end...

And the reasoning given was: "coaching disparity"...

hint: not entirely serious....

hope our guys don't play this one the way they did last Tuesday. ACU has beaten Baylor in Waco this year and played OSU, tceh, and TCU very close. And they did something Texas couldn't, they beat TAMCC.

ACU already has a tribute wall in the basketball arena, I'd rather not give them another.

a1581be65ff3e0ae4487f48ed36d193e.jpeg
They put their W over UT on a special tribute wall.

:lmao:

Baseball can be a cruel game, and it's a game of centimeters (or less).

That being said, I'm confident that we will light up ACU starting right-hander Rolando De La Cruz, with his 8.16 ERA :confused::confused::confused:

Who knows what OUR pitching will do...?

"Great Works of Art" may not be a phrase you would normally associate with Abilene Christian University.

But, Jack Maxwell's "Jacob's Dream" sculpture on ACU's campus might approach that level:

c7fde2059e5119b901a8e2192396dc30.jpg

statue-1024x623.jpg
And it bears mentioning that, no doubt, many a Church of Christ Elder wrung his hands in consternation over this outrageous craven display of "Popish Iconography" on the ACU campus.

:beertoast:

(Usually very well-intentioned and dedicated Christians, who perhaps have historically had the tendency to read some rather unusual interpretations into the written Scriptures...........). Their sports teams have been doing quite well for a private college their size.

Last edited:
And it bears mentioning that, no doubt, many a Church of Christ Elder wrung his hands in consternation over this outrageous display of "Popish Iconography" on the ACU campus.

:beertoast:

(Usually very well-intentioned and dedicated Christians, who perhaps have historically had the tendency to read some rather unusual interpretations into the written Scriptures...........). Their sports teams have been doing quite well for a private college their size.
Oh without a doubt. At the time of that sculpture's placement there was, much akin to CoC buildings having a steeple. But in the years following that controversy has been replaced by many in 'the church' believing that ACU has swung too far left with it's acceptance of LGBTQ kids. ACU continues to grow in enrollment numbers each year, but many now send their kids to places like Harding. ACU is now viewed as a West Texas version of Pepperdine.

If you're a Facebooker and are into self-abuse, check out the page 'ACU Open Forum'.

If you're a Facebooker and are into self-abuse, check out the page 'ACU Open Forum'.
Wait a minute........... they're into self-abuse now......?

I thought there was a passage in the Bible against that, or something......?

:rolleyes1::rolleyes1::rolleyes1::rolleyes1::rolleyes1::rolleyes1::rolleyes1::rolleyes1:

Like Pepperdine, huh? Like an SMU in the West Texas mesquite brush country? I'm thinking the family economic situation of the average ACU student isn't quite like that of the average SMU, TCU, or Pepperdine student. But I could be wrong.

But I could be wrong.

Having seen what some of those students park in their dorm lots, I'd say yeah you're wrong. Or maybe all those DFW/Houston/California kids' parents didn't mind going deep into debt to ensure their lil' darlings are well wheeled.

Abilene Christian brings right-hander Rolando De La Cruz, with his 8.16 ERA :confused::confused::confused: to the mound to start against the Longhorns.

Baseball preview: Abilene Christian - University of Texas Athletics

1200px-Abilene_Christian_Wildcats_logo.svg.png
DeLaCruz also sports a WHIP North of 2.00.

ACU’s top 2 weekend starters have good numbers, but it really drops off a lot after that. And we’re facing their midweek guys. We might put 10-15 runs up tonight. They do have decentish bats.

Good night to get some innings for our infrequently used pitchers.

Im at the game, the starting pitcher for ACU is Cade MxGarrh (Scottish Pirate?) and his ERA is about 3. Still, we have 2 runs across in B1.

Im at the game, the starting pitcher for ACU is Cade MxGarrh (Scottish Pirate?) and his ERA is about 3. Still, we have 2 runs across in B1.
They've got a Scottish Pirate on the mound!?!

That dude should get in Pittsburgh's farm system.

Top of the 2nd

Lummus returns to the mound. I've wondered why we didn't see much of him until recent weeks. We don't have many Left Handed Pitchers left.

Ground out to Thomas; nice play by JT to get that one.
One down
Runner advances to 3rd

Sac fly to Porter Brown
2 down
runner comes home; play at the plate-------->SAFE

2-1 us.

Recent Threads

Back