2023 Soccer Season

Team is in a slump. There is no reason why the game against WV ended in a tie. So many chances to score.
Totally agree! I wonder if the way we lost the tech game has taken a little vinegar out of them? They don’t seem to have the same energy since then?

Ang has worked herself into a jam. Right now, we're not an NCAA Tournament team. That's not hyperbole. We are 71 in RPI. The weak noncon has hurt hus tremendously.

At this point, making the tourney would be a pretty big task. Then, we'll surely have a hard draw. So it's hard to make noise. Feels like a wasted season if we can't make the tourney, which is sad given how we have had some really nice individual performances (granted, against weaker teams).

Coaching issues raising their heads again.
They've always been there since her arrival. Too bad CDC extended her contract recently (I think); this program has been stagnant and needs new energy and leadership before we enter our first SEC season.

Ang has worked herself into a jam. Right now, we're not an NCAA Tournament team. That's not hyperbole. We are 71 in RPI. The weak noncon has hurt hus tremendously.

At this point, making the tourney would be a pretty big task. Then, we'll surely have a hard draw. So it's hard to make noise. Feels like a wasted season if we can't make the tourney, which is sad given how we have had some really nice individual performances (granted, against weaker teams).
Yep. Pretty much each season over the last few years the non-conference schedule gets weaker and weaker.

A win over UCF (RPI 33) should help some. But, I really think we've got a situation where the Big 12 tournament is going to be really important. Tech is ranked so highly, but I hope they finish second. I'd rather get a chance at a win against them in semis and have to face BYU again in the final.

The regular season finale against TCU may be the straw for our season.

Up to 50 in RPI. Crazy that Tech is 3.

She can recruit obviously. Wish she could Mack Brown and bring in some top flight offensive and defensive coordinators. lol

Looks like WVU then probably Tech and then probably BYU.

All would be revenge/grudge matches. Cannot lose to WVU. Not sure we can make it without at least beating Tech.

BYU is going to be a tough game. They looked good against OU and are looking so great against UCF.

Beat them BYU too and we are a team with two of the best wins in the country and certainly over the last week of the season. Not trying to be greedy, but we’d for sure be ranked by the coaches poll. Idk if that translates to a top 16 or 32 seed but that’d be nice!

YES WE DID!!!

I bet that’s enough but would love to win the whole thing on Saturday and leave no doubt!
Texas should have have never tied WV in the regular season. I saw that game and it appeared Texas was in a serious mountain fog. Also, Texas had great chances against TT in the regular season. That game should have been tied if anything.

We're up to 43 in RPI after Monday's win against West Virginia. That's definitely bubble territory (but a nice place for us now).

Playing Tech (win or lose) will help!

We got all the way up to 30 and still have our matchup with the #1 in RPI BYU on Saturday. This HAS to mean that we are in even if we lose to BYU. But I really do think winning could make some INTERESTING decisions for the committee.

Where is CDC??
When they hired CdC they did away with AD's for Men's and Women's programs. Kathy Harston, Senior Associate Athletics Director, Sports Administration (Women's Basketball, Rowing, Soccer, M/W Track and Field / Cross Country, Volleyball) is over the majority of the Women's programs (Sarah Baumgartner, Executive Sr. Associate Athletics Director, Sports Administration is responsible for Softball).

So to answer your question, he is hiring the best HC's and Administrators that he can find.

When they hired CdC they did away with AD's for Men's and Women's programs. Kathy Harston, Senior Associate Athletics Director, Sports Administration (Women's Basketball, Rowing, Soccer, M/W Track and Field / Cross Country, Volleyball) is over the majority of the Women's programs (Sarah Baumgartner, Executive Sr. Associate Athletics Director, Sports Administration is responsible for Softball).

So to answer your question, he is hiring the best HC's and Administrators that he can find.
Yes he is..
Thanks

I think us winning the Championship caught many, especially the large BYU supporters and even the TV announcers by suprise. I thought our refusal to give up ball control suprised byu and caused them to play catchup all night, which made them uncomfortable. Great game plan!

People want to work for CDC. That’s the difference.

Recent Threads

Back