Who will be the next coach?

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Vol Horn 4 Life, Jun 24, 2024.

1. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

Seems odd unless the cat got out of the bag and UT had to get in front of it.

3. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

Schloss seems the best, but he does have aggy stench.

4. IvanDiabloHorn

IvanDiabloHorn 1,000+ Posts

My choice would be Vitello. Reminds me of Billy Martin and we need a Billy Martin.

• Winner Winner x 2
  5. STHAustin

STHAustin 250+ Posts

I hope this is a short discussion thread. I'm ready for a "Welcome Coach _______" thread. I've been avoiding the CWS so I don't know anything about the eligibility of the players on either team. In this transfer portal era, a new coach could also bring some new talent.

6. Baseballgawd

Baseballgawd 25+ Posts

Texas going to spend over 85 mill on facilities?

• Hot Hot x 1
  7. Phil Elliott

Agree about the aggie stink but he is the best coach in America IMO. I dont want Vitello. He seems like a jerk to me.

8. Hideo Gump Jr.

Hideo Gump Jr. Summer Soldier and Sunshine Patriot

As did D.X. Bible, but that worked out well.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Hookem G

Hookem G 25+ Posts

Dan Heefner from DBU, Dan McDonnell from Louisville or Tadlock from Tech. Schlossanagle, even with his relationship with CDC, would be crazy to leave the Ags. Vitello is a possibility, but he is VERY invested in Knoxville. Skip Johnson could be a wild card.

Firing Pierce was the right move, but his overall book of work at UT still looks very good, so lets pray that CDC nails this or we may have another Charlie Strong like fiasco.

• Hot Hot x 1
  10. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

CDC is not Patterson. I still have a hard time believing he was chosen as our AD after Dodds retired. We had a school president with an axe to grind against the athletics department.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Do you have a link regarding this or can you summarize a few of the bigger changes coming with that $85 MM? Thanks

12. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

CDC orchestrated 3 Director’s Cups in last 4 years. Yet folks doubt CDC can do his job.

• Agree Agree x 6
  13. Phil Elliott

We just let a guy go who finished 3rd in the conference and went to a regional and you wanna replace him with a guy who finished 10th and stayed home?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

No way CDC let Pierce go without having something serious lined up. I'll be shocked if it's Tadlock or someone else of his ilk.

15. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Aggy mad

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  16. LonghornCatholic

• Hot Hot x 2
  17. LonghornCatholic

:arrow-up: He’s been saying Schloss all week.

• Hot Hot x 1
  18. LonghornCatholic

19. LonghornCatholic

upload_2024-6-24_14-14-26.png

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Hot Hot x 1
  20. 2003TexasGrad

Well aTm could have won game two yesterday but no, they couldn't seal the deal. That ain't Texas' fault. :idk:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. LonghornCatholic

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. longhornlegend

longhornlegend 1,000+ Posts

No way Tadlock is the answer. CDC is a legit AD and obviously has a close relationship with Schlossnagle since he hired him at TCU. Not sure if he is the answer or not but its been obvious to anyone fair minded that Pierce was not it. Wish him no ill will but just like Charlie Strong, Patterson and binder boy, they just dont fit at Texas!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. LonghornCatholic

24. UT Horn Fan

UT Horn Fan 500+ Posts

The next HC at Texas is NOT coaching in the NC game tonight. The timing of this announcement proves that. If it were one of them, we wouldn't have heard anything until at least tomorrow. And besides, I don't want a coach who would be talking to a potential new school on the very day he's trying to win a NC.

The deal with the new coach was closed yesterday or today and the announcement made so that he could get out on the recruiting trail ASAP. The fact that the CWS is wrapping up tonight is coincidental.

• Like Like x 1
  25. 2003TexasGrad

We will find out soon enough. In the meantime the meltdowns are highly entertaining!

• Agree Agree x 2
  26. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

While I have my preference, it bothers me that so many BIG Aggies are talking about our new coach being Schloss. Can't imagine that. Two of their BOR told me at lunch that they have already moved to hire Vitelli (sp) tomorrow if Chris is grabbing Schloss. Not like Aggie brass to be passive on such a matter. Paranoia? Maybe.

27. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

28. Phil Elliott

If it is not Schloss, it will be because he turned CDC down. No way CDC is gonna not even talk to a guy he believes is the best coach in the country.

29. 22Horn

22Horn 500+ Posts

Haven't seen many horns down signs in Omaha but I fully expect them to be out in full display tonight!!!

• Winner Winner x 1
  30. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

You've GOT to be kidding!

• Funny Funny x 1