When they say, 'You're free to go,'

i guess he just really wanted to go to jail. how could anyone possibly think they would get away with that?

Well, he started out well, but this guy is not the sharpest tool in the shed...

"Justin Officer Jeff Echols responded to a call for backup from Ponder Police Chief Steve Grube at about 7 p.m. A family called 911 when they returned to their house in the 100 block of Seaborn Road and saw a neighbor exiting their house carrying a sack, according to sheriff’s reports.

Family members tried to question the neighbor about his presence in their house, but he would not talk to them and walked to his house. Justin and Ponder police officers and a sheriff’s deputy began looking for the man.

Taylor came out of his home and insisted he had been invited to the neighbor’s house and had arrived early. Grube took him to the Ponder Police Department to talk to him.

Taylor refused to talk to the officers, according to the report, and demanded to talk to a lawyer. The chief decided there was not enough evidence to charge him with a crime and offered to drive him home. But Taylor replied that he’d rather walk. "

My money is on this guy getting a burglary of a habitation charge dropped on him while in the jailhouse. Then he'll REALLY need to talk to a lawyer.....
laugh.gif

...and to top it off, the guy had priors....

"According to Denton County Jail records, Taylor was convicted of evading arrest and criminal trespass in 2006 and convicted of unauthorized use of a motor vehicle in 2004."

This guy is going away for a loooooooooooong time....can't put him on the stand to explain his "I just came early" story without some interesting cross examination...."say....aren't you the same Rusty Edward Taylor who was previously convicted of unauthorized use of a motor vehicle in 2004....did you steal a police car then?....."

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-GEORGIA *
Sat, Oct 19 • 6:30 PM on ABC

Recent Threads

Back