What the crap!

i don't know why the government and the really big communication companies don't just go forward and put cameras in our houses and get it over with. you know they want to do it.

Does this cover those of us who just post a lot on message boards? (I've got about 30,000 total posts over 8 years on several boards.)

Or is somebody like me just a small time bandwidth blip?

ScoPro - your posts on Vegas waitresses caused the brownout of the internet tubes in 2005.
wink.gif

Seriously, I think the major users of bandwidth, as described above, are the P2P movie downloader/uploaders.

Ok..wait..flip side.

I don't know how many gigs I use every month but I'm not downloading any movies or anything like that. But take into account all the surfing and hours of xbox live play, and I'm probably doing quite a bit.

BUT.

In their example of 500gigs for $50. If you lose less, you could probably pay less right? Right now I pay about 50 here in NYC for internet but if I could do a use-based system and only pay 35...that would be nice.

In other words, not everybody is getting screwed here...IF they have smaller packages available that is.

I have had satellite for five years (no other choice other than dial-up) and have had to deal with what they call their Fair Access Policy or FAP. I get no more than 200 MB for any 24 hour period. After that, I'm throttled down to below dial-up speeds.

Anyway, the satellite boards have been talking about something similar to the FAP coming to mainstream broadband for several years.

Bevo5,

My guess is that this will be billed much like a cell phone, with plans for different use, and if you go under you lose, but if you go over you access penalties.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-GEORGIA *
Sat, Oct 19 • 6:30 PM on ABC

Recent Threads

Back