What is Coach G's mood?

hubhorn

< 25 Posts
For those of you close to Coach G and the team, what is Coach G's mood?

I hope she is not discouraged with the way things are going now. I'm sure she knew it was going to take time to build a great team, but I just knew she would be able to win lots of games with these same players.

How is recruiting going? Are the really good, or great, high school players receiving her well? I saw a note somewhere that she is in on a 6'5" player that will help turn the tide.

I really like Coach G, and hope she stays positive and begins to win games like the one at Tech.

Incidently, I live in Lubbock and the crowd was large because lots of free tickets were given away to fill the seats.

Thanks.

I don't claim to be close to the coach or to the team, but I do attend the games in Austin and other sites. Based on the emphasis areas in practice at the start of the season, she must be frustrated. She had a special focus on: rebounding (boxing out), finishing the fast break lay up, and on free throw shooting. The team has had difficulty executing these plays in recent weeks and so I'd expect her to be frustrated.

Of course the players must be frustrated as well when things don't come together as they would want.

hookem.gif

Can't be too happy with the following:
overall FG%: 43.3
Big 12 FG%: 33.0

Opponents overall FG%: 35.3
Opponents Big 12 FG%: 41.0

Overall reb: 44.2
Big 12 reb: 39.5

Opponents overall reb: 38.1
Opponents Big 12 reb: 43.8

Overall FT%: 72.5
Big 12 FT%: 68.6

Opponents overall FT%: 66.4
Opponents Big 12 FT%: 72.2

Overall ppg: 75.5
Big 12 ppg: 59.0

Opponents overall ppg: 59.7
Opponents Big 12 ppg: 64.8

It really looks like the team just flipflopped on almost every important category once Big 12 play started. And it's hard to figure out why. They played some good teams in out of conference play and won. That's what's so frustrating to watch them play the way they did against Tech and Nebraska. They have played so much better against quality teams. We'll see tomorrow what kind of mood Coach G, the team and the fans are in around 9 pm.

Seattle4UT posted this article on another thread. I think it sums up Coach G's mood perfectly!

Hope you don't mind, Seattle! The Link

She is building for the future. And even though it goes against my American, Capitalistic grain, I'm all for it.

The end result will be worth waiting for (well, as long as it is within a few years
wink.gif
)

Thanks for choosing Texas, Coach G.

Normally they put post-game comments on the official Texas Sports site along with other game summaries including player comments. That didn't happen with this game. No big deal, after reading the article in the Dallas Morning News, I think she walks on water.
biggrin.gif

Funny how the Dallas paper does a better job of covering our Horns than the local rag...err, I mean paper.

Thanks for posting the article in the Dallas paper. That is a good article and it appears her mood is good.

I am a big fan of Coach G, and I want her to succeed so badly. I hope the team turns around soon and she can have some success this year.

Based on this article, the future looks bright.

our program couldn't be in better hands. we arm-chair coaches (yes, myself included) and fellow longhorn lovers i think, quite naturally, have a tendancy to wonder "why isn't she doing this" or "why isn't so and so playing more?" i keep reminding myself that the lady knows her stuff and that i need to take a chill pill. she is very impressive and everything i hoped she'd be.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-VANDERBILT *
Sat, Oct 26 • 3:15 PM on SECN

Recent Threads

Back