VY and M.Griffin

4th and 2

25+ Posts
were both in my class tonight taking notes. Glad to see these guys back in the classroom pursuing their degrees!
hookem.gif
vince.gif

one of my friends sent me a text tonight saying they saw vince in the six pack. i didn't believe it, but now that i've heard it on here...i'll be looking out for him. what class and when? maybe i'll come sit in...

There are more than just those two back from the Titans alone. It is almost as if they huddled together over dinner and decided at the same time. We have a great amount of former athletes now in the pros of both hoops and pigskin coming back.

Says a lot about the programs, the coaches and the young men themselves as well as their families and social networks.

my friend called and told me to roll out of bed because they were at d&b last night....

i went back to bed.

vince.gif

Thats great news. I'm glad to seeone of the greatest leaders in UT history making an uncommon, yet exemplary decision to pursue his degree. Hopefully, more will follow. I'm not going to get on my soapbox about the importance of education; let just say VY and MG's decision to do this is huge..
hookem.gif

Aren't all the classes in the 6 pack history or literature classes? Pretty sweet for both of those guys to be getting their degrees.

<aggie>Radio never attended classes at t u and was just passed along so the shorthorns could get their precious championship.</aggie>

That's awesome to hear that they are back taking classes.

Please do not post what classes they are. The last thing they need is a bunch of 30 year old guys giggling like school-girls waiting outside of their classes.

Of course, according to the NCAA, they are going to count against our program as athletes who failed to graduate.
rolleyes.gif

I was in bellmont with my girlfriend right before classes started back up. she had to meet with her KIN advise, while I'm waiting in the lobby Cedric Griffin comes in and sits down. at first I think there is no way it's him but he is wearing Viking shorts and an adviser comes around the corner and says "Cedric, come on back. Glad to have you back, i figured you would have stayed up in the cold weather." so, my best guess is that it was in fact Cedric.

wouldn't hurt to have some of these guys just hanging around the practice field when recruits and their parents come to visit. How much of an impression do you think it makes if some recruit's mom and/or dad come for a visit and see Vince back from the Titans taking classes and finishing his degree? That's the best recruiting tool on the planet, bar none.

Recent Threads

Back