Veteran teacher seeks move + coaching

orangecat

1,000+ Posts
finishing 9th year teaching. five years great, ESL transition,3rd, 4th, 5th graders in small groups, aka ESL pullout-great kids, loved it. even liked the paperwork.

last 4 years, beating my head against the wall, wall aka 4th grade regular classroom. Hate it, just found out I passed the P.E. test.
smile.gif

Coaching experience, real skinny, led PT exercises for a national guard unit many years ago, coached my son's 5 year old soccer team.

Two summers experience middle school summer school, and two summers experience teaching at the Dallas County Juvenile Justice Center, aka the county jail for minors. great experience.

Coaching question, as an older guy(45) how do I go about getting some experience this summer? I have one man I can network with at my church, I'm gonna ask him, what do you guys think, is there room for someone to volunteer to help with 7 on 7 or summer camps, or whatever? Advantage to hiring me, I'm certified General Elementary grades 1-8, so I can teach any subject in Middle School.

Love, love, love working with the bigger kids.

Studied with P.E. teacher at our school, will try to see if I can observe and then take off however many days I can and work full days with the P.E. teacher at my school. (I'm gonna try it, no guarantees principal will okay it, and it's still the same age kids, but in a totally different setting, they actually like PE, of course)

appreciate any opinions.

Recent Threads

Back