VB - AA

1sahorn

1,000+ Posts
Just noticed that VOLLEYBALLMAG.org just released their All-America selections. They brag that, unlike others, they wait until the season is completely over to make their selections. Of note, Madison & Asjia made the 1st Team. There were 0 Horns named to the 2nd or subsequent teams. Total Horn AA's = 2.
Couldn't help but notice that Neb., Wisc., & Tree all had 3-4 named to 1st & 2nd team.
Also noted that Skyler Fields (former Horn) was a 1st Team selection for USC.
Madison was POY & Elliott was named COY.
Though I'm kinda blown away that more of our team were not recognized, I really don't care 'cause our ladies have a National Championship Trophy & none of the others do.

Though I'm kinda blown away that more of our team were not recognized, I really don't care 'cause our ladies have a National Championship Trophy & none of the others do.
Who else played at AA levels all season? Nobody. I don't think it's unfair at all, but I will say if we were taking into account the level of play only near the end of the season, both Ella and Emma would have been deserving.

Who else played at AA levels all season? Nobody. I don't think it's unfair at all, but I will say if we were taking into account the level of play only near the end of the season, both Ella and Emma would have been deserving.
I thought they were giving credence to end of yr performance. But also, they went 5-6 levels deep & I truly believe we have some ladies who out- performed people on the list. Oh well, kinda like the Heisman, it's all subjective.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but especially if you gonna include the entire season no libero played better than Emma Halter. I could make an augument that Ella deserved much more recognition than she received. Freshman or not we are not Champions without her in my opinion. All season there was nothing wrong with our backrow defense. We had a problem putting the ball on the floor. And we worked that out well before the end of the season.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back