U.T Online

ntexascardfan

500+ Posts
I have a question about Texas' online classes. I just finished a bachelors degree from Southeastern Oklahoma State. Growing up it was my dream to get a degree from UT, but didn't think I could get enough aide/scholarship to make it work financially. I graduated this May, but I'm really starting to regret not taking the opportunity to get a degree from Texas. I know getting one online is not the same as actually attending class on the 40 acres, but I think we can all agree there is something special about getting a degree from the University of Texas. Does anyone have experience with their online programs and is it even possible to get a earn a degree through an online program at UT?

Thanks in advance,
NTex

I'm not sure the "special" factor is enough to justify spending money to get an extra degree. If you feel you need this degree to advance your career, then go for it. If you're doing this because you want a degree from the University of Texas, I'd strongly consider whether you want to take on the extra costs of earning a second degree.

It's a personal thing, and I understand completely. If you want to do it, I agree with the decision 100%.

Not certain what the story is on online degrees right now, though.

Thanks, I sent the admissions office an e-mail today. I've been planning on getting a second degree, but after 5 years and one degree I wanted a break. I wish I was in a position to actually spend some time on the 40 acres, but we can't always get every thing we want. Thanks for the replies
smile.gif

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-GEORGIA *
Sat, Oct 19 • 6:30 PM on ABC

Recent Threads

Back