Transferring to Texas

I don't think there is a maximum number of hours per say, but you need to look into your major choice and degree plan. I know McCombs won't take you with 90+ hours and most (if not all) degree plans require 60 hours in residence.

Right now I have 39 hours and at the end of the school year I will have 69 so I either want to transfer into liberal arts or education. Thanks for the help.

Nothing wrong with 69 just make sure at least 30 hours will transfer and you have a 3.5 gpa. As for the rest of this year's courses, if they don't transfer, I don't see the point of taking them as they will not count at Texas. Save the money.

Depending on your school, there may be an etched in stone transfer procedure that is class by class. Speak to a counselor to see if that print out exists. I know for ACC and other schools they have it to the exact course code at both schools. Course AAA is equal to BBB at UT and fulfills X criteria at UT for Y degree plan.

That way you can take classes that specifically transfer, move you closer to a degree plan as well as not overdo a mandatory class in a plan. If you do, they just won't accept it and you lost time and money.

If you can, come to Austin and schedule a meeting with a counselor at UT, maybe within the School you think you want. Make it during a slower time that would not be mid-terms, add/drop or the nearing of final exams. Now would not be a good time to establish contact even by email.

Thanks for the help. I'm at UTSA this year and had it not been for a B that I thought was an A I would probably be at UT this year. 3.2 left me out and my roommate with a 3.4 got in. Damn teacher.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-GEORGIA *
Sat, Oct 19 • 6:30 PM on ABC

Recent Threads

Back