19. Louisville
20. Arizona
21. Iowa State
22. Clemson
23. Nebraska
24. Boston College
25. Northern Illinois

Last edited:
Six of top seven from $ec. Big 12 (or the island of unwanted teams) top rank is Utah at 12. BiG has the other 3 in the top 9.

Six of top seven from $ec. Big 12 (or the island of unwanted teams) top rank is Utah at 12. BiG has the other 3 in the top 9.
It’s almost as if the top programs were consolidated in two conferences. One covering the South and one covering the North and the West Coast……..

What a coincidence.

That motley collection of teams making up the Big 12 are going to spiral into even more irrelevance over the next few years as will most of the ACC.

Hilarious. Likely that 99% of Ohio State fans rooted for Texas against The Team Up North, and they drop behind Texas. Oh, hello, Sweet Karma.

Too big a drop for them and Ole Miss should be above Ala, imo. They’re looking strong.
Been saying it since we joined this silly new conference. Ole Miss will be our primary competition at the top for the next 5 or so years.

The scheduling gods got back at UGA this year for basically having the lightest load over the past several seasons. I wish our game against them came before they play Bama.

Nick loves Lane; sooner or later it will happen. Nobody will be Nick Dos, but his hand-picked successor will get more time.

Top teams in Texas:

1. Texas
2. TCU
3. SMU
4. Baylor
5. Texas State
6. Houston
7. Texas A&M
8. UTSA
9. Texas Tech
10. Sam Houston State

Since when is Missouri this good?
When you beat tOSU in a bowl and don't play anyone until 26 October (and then no one after 02 September) you can stay ranked for a while. They will lose to Alabama and ou and probably 1 of South Carolina, Mississippi State, and the Pig People.

1725898866093.png

Last edited:
Top teams in Texas:

1. Texas
2. TCU
3. SMU
4. Baylor
5. Texas State
6. Houston
7. Texas A&M
8. UTSA
9. Texas Tech
10. Sam Houston State

To more accurately represent the list, I believe there should be about 10 empty rows between #1 & #2.

Really? You don't see DeBoer having enough success there? He's won everywhere else he has been.
Right now Bama is behind Texas, Georgia, and Ole Miss for the next 4-5 years. Do you think Bama fans are going to accept 4th place every year?

Top teams in Texas:

1. Texas
2. TCU
3. SMU
4. Baylor
5. Texas State
6. Houston
7. Texas A&M
8. UTSA
9. Texas Tech
10. Sam Houston State

I like your list overall, however I think your ranking is being terribly unfair & cruel to aggy after coming off that huge win over McNeese! :tap:

Last edited:
Right now Bama is behind Texas, Georgia, and Ole Miss for the next 4-5 years. Do you think Bama fans are going to accept 4th place every year?
I think Alabama may "get" losing to Texas -- we've usually beat them going way, way back. Losing to Ole Miss on a regular basis, however, is unacceptable in their minds. And Lane may be winning 2 out of 3 games against them for the next 5-6 years.

Frankly, Ole Miss will be a very serious challenge to us.

Bear Bryant is the one who convinced Darrell Royal it's ok to let your football players grow long hair and facial hair. Or maybe it was the other way around with Royal convincing Bear Bryant it's ok for your football players to have long hair and facial hair...? It was one way or the other, I remember that.

Bear Bryant is the one who convinced Darrell Royal it's ok to let your football players grow long hair and facial hair. Or maybe it was the other way around with Royal convincing Bear Bryant it's ok for your football players to have long hair and facial hair...? It was one way or the other, I remember that.
But man, there's an awful lot of Texas HS football coaches who don't agree with Bryant or Royal on that, even to this day.

I think Alabama may "get" losing to Texas -- we've usually beat them going way, way back. Losing to Ole Miss on a regular basis, however, is unacceptable in their minds. And Lane may be winning 2 out of 3 games against them for the next 5-6 years.

Frankly, Ole Miss will be a very serious challenge to us.
We are undefeated against Bama when our starting qb finishes the game.

Top teams in Texas:

1. Texas
2. TCU
3. SMU
4. Baylor
5. Texas State
6. Houston
7. Texas A&M
8. UTSA
9. Texas Tech
10. Sam Houston State
It's really just Texas and then a bunch of middling nobodies. Here's how Sagarin has it right now:
1. Texas

BIG GAP

2. TAMU
3. TCU
4. Baylor
5. SMU

BIG GAP

6. Texas Tech
7. Texas State
8. Houston

little gap

9. UTSA
10. Rice
11. UNT

BIG GAP

12. Sam State

MASSIVE GAP

13. UTEP

His predictor score has every in-state team after SMU outside of a 3+ TD game in our favor. Honestly, outside of A&M, I think we'd probably roll everyone below them by the same margin that we did Tech last season. The main thing that would keep A&M to a more "respectable" final score is their defense and the fact that they've had this one underlined in red and death skulls for 13 years. But that means it'd probably still look like the Michigan game.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back