TEXAS vs. Mich. - Feedback from game attendees!

WorsterMan

10,000+ Posts
I know @LHABSOB wants to drive to Ann Arbor from Chicago and is trying to score 2 tickets.

Who else is going to the game?

Last edited:
I vegged out. My customer who lives in Detroit is on the way to Vegas for a wedding. My best friend in Austin backed out, and my wife didn’t want to go.

Bummer!

You need to lobby HIC to go!

Gawd, I would love to go to this game!!!
Told him to come along and ride with us. I'll push him again. Thought he would have a G6 available to fly us over and back.

Tickets right at $200 this morning. Just like the stock market I bought on the downwards slide.

About ticket prices, I’m amazed the Ga game is lower than AnM.
The aggie game prices are stupid high but did drop a bit after the ND loss. I've rented 3 houses in Brenham for a big family Thanksgiving bash but still need to buy 4 tickets for my family. Need the Ags to lose about 4 more games between now and then so all those farmers decided to spend the weekend in a deer stand and not at the game.

The aggie game prices are stupid high but did drop a bit after the ND loss. I've rented 3 houses in Brenham for a big family Thanksgiving bash but still need to buy 4 tickets for my family. Need the Ags to lose about 4 more games between now and then so all those farmers decided to spend the weekend in a deer stand and not at the game.
I would think this is funny but I know what it is like to spend more time hunting because....

Where is the vid of a meat chicken family disrespected Texas by having kid asked for pic and then do Horns down?

Ok, here’s my recap. Might be more info that most of you want, sorry about that if so.

Driving into the Big House-
- Easy Access to Stadium off of I-94. Hit some traffic approaching stadium but not bad.
- Stadium is about a mile and half from campus but is set in a neighborhood area. High School is caddy corner and Fox Big Noon Kickoff show was here.
- I had a former co-worker who is a Michigan grad and part of a tailgate group at a house at 318 W Stadium- literally 50 yards from the gates to the stadium. They let us park at the house and the whole group was incredibly cordial. Free Labatt Blue (something we don’t drink much of in Texas). More on the Midwest hospitality later.

Entering the Stadium-
- Crazy long lines to get in the gates but man they know how to move 111k folks. Probably took 5 minutes to get in and through security.
- No bag policy. There was a stack of clear bags outside the gate which I assume were Texas ladies who thought they could bring in clear bags like DKR and ended up stuffing their things in their pockets and leaving the bags.
- Once inside the gates there is probably a 30 yard area of grass and asphalt between the gate and the actual Stadium. This is where everyone congregated at halftime and reminded me of the area just outside the stadium at the Cotton Bowl where fans hang out at halftime.
- I had driven up to the Big House one evening years ago while on business in Ann Arbor and had the same impression. It is very unimposing. Doesn’t appear at all like a place that holds over 110k from the outside. Well, that’s because it is below ground when you enter. Our section 12-had probably 95 total rows from top to bottom. When you walk into the stadium you are about row 75 so only 20 rows above ground and the rest are below ground. This also amplifies the noise. Since 75% of the crowd is below ground level, it is like an echo chamber.
- Seating is basically one deck in a full circle with 90-100 rows with large press boxes over the top of the seating on both sidelines. Large scoreboards are over each end zone, These features all add to the sound chamber effect.
- This is the first year they have had alcohol sales in the stadium and their fans were so giddy about it. You would have thought Christmas came early.

Inside the stadium and fans-
- Texas fans had the top 10 rows of Section 7-14. The band was at the top of Section 7 or 8. We also had a group in the lower corner of the Endzone in probably section 14.
- It was a “Maize-Out” game so they handed out yellow pompoms walking in and man it made the whole stadium look yellow. I sent pics to family and friends and they all commented it looked like there wasn’t any orange in the place at the start of the game.
- The fans were super nice. Don’t get me wrong they were proud of their game day and we got the usual horns downs flashed in our face but there almost no sh!t talk and everyone was friendly.
To be fair- I don’t think any of them were expecting the *** whooping that was about to take place.
- Older father and adult son were sitting in front of us and wanted to engage in constant conversation before the game. “I bet you have never see anything like this before…” “It’s like this every game- packed and loud “ “You boys are going to see a real defense today, not like those pansy B12 defenses you are used to” When I asked if Connor Stallions was still on the payroll they just ignored me.
- I gotta admit, I got chills up my spine when the band played “Hail to the Victors” in the pregame. I think as a kid I thought that was the greatest fight song after TexasFight and it was cool to hear it in person.
- Star Spangled Banner was directed by Kerry Taylor former director of Bands at Eanes ISD and Westlake High School for 35 years. I guess the Michigan Band director is a Westlake grad- nice touch
- Damn the crowd was loud at kickoff and during our first possession. One of the loudest crowds I have been in but man was it short lived. We shut them up in a hurry

The game-
- Michigan fans were not expecting the thorough butt whooping we gave them. We heard before the game about how they have never lost in blue pants at home, yadda yadda yadda
- They have a counter of false start penalities on the other team they call Big House effect penalties. I thought Cam Williams was going to set the record after the first drive.
- Quinn took control of 111k fans. The first pass to Bond brought a gasp from the crowd but the passes to Helm and Golden on the 2nd drive made them realize how good we were.
- We took the wind out of their sails in a hurry. By the middle of the 2nd qtr it was evident to them that we were by far the better team.
- Warren did not start out well for Michigan and the fans turned on him quickly. His final stats weren’t bad but a lot of that was dump offs during mop up time after the game was decided.
- Blue’s juke of their DB Hill in the last drive of the first half shocked the Michigan faithful and the TD pass to Golden at the end of the half put an exclamation mark on the fact that our team was a different league.
- Fans knew it was over at halftime, I am surprised most of them came back to their seats in the 3rd quarter.
- Father and son in front of us finally acknowledged my Stallions comment Son to me at half- “Did you say you guys hired Stallions during the offseason?” My comment to Dad at the end of the 3rd when half the crowd left and one series before they departed “So you say it’s like this every week huh, pretty quiet and fans don’t stick around??”
- The Texas students in the rows behind us got pretty mouthy with all the fans leaving. “Welcome to ‘the Little House’” “Go home you big babies”. “In Texas we call this an AZZWHOOPING”. I could tell the Michigan fans around us were having enough. But they also knew they deserved it.
- After the game back at the tailgate, the fans were just in awe of our team. The ringleader of the tailgate came up to me and said- “We don’t get taken behind the woodshed like that around here, that team you have is special.” “Your QB has ice in his veins”. “I know it didn’t look like it but we have a damn good defense and your boys went through us like a hot knife through butter”
- It was tough watching these fans licking their wounds and arguing about whether this team will win 8 games this year.

Misc Notes-
-I couldn’t believe how many Texas fans were in the stadium once you got rid of the yellow pompoms and Michigan fans. The eyes at the end was awesome. We stayed around for March Gradioso and Deep in the Heart too.

- They have the typical DJ scene like all stadiums now. The fans did a sing along in 2nd half to the Killers Mr Brightside. DJ had to cut off the song before the end and the fans knew every word and finished the last 30 seconds of the song. It was pretty amazing, almost as good as Dixieland Delight at Bama last year.

- Food sucked. I had a $14 chicken bowl and I swear that was canned chicken poured over minute rice with some sour cream and salsa on top.

- Lines to the restrooms were crazy. Restrooms need some updating and expansion

- ZERO cell connection in the stadium. Reminded me of DKR 5 years ago. I know it’s 111k people in a building but damn it’s 2024 haven’t we figured that out yet.

Last edited:

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Back