Texas @ TCU 02/10/2024

brnkj

2,500+ Posts
We are at the place in the season where improving more with each game is important. We really need to finish the season strong, and playing well in this one is a good place to start clicking on all cylinders.

Last edited:
On Vic's show last night, he claimed TCU is draining 3 point shots at a nearly unbelievable rate. He said 4 players are hitting 50% and another is hitting 40%.

I don't see the evidence of that on their team stats page, but if it is true then we will really need to be on point defensively.

On Vic's show last night, he claimed TCU is draining 3 point shots at a nearly unbelievable rate. He said 4 players are hitting 50% and another is hitting 40%.

I don't see the evidence of that on their team stats page, but if it is true then we will really need to be on point defensively.
Thought those numbers sounded a little inflated myself. Maybe he is speaking in terms of what they have done in their most recent games? Like... since they regrouped after having to forfeit those two games to KSU and ISU????
IDK :idk:

They have gone 40%, 65% and 32% in their last 3 games, but they lost 2 of those games and barely beat UCF at home. They can get hot, but are turnover prone. This will come down to how well Texas takes care of the ball.

Sedona is out for the year. Hopefully, TCU has a medical staff that she and her family don't find to be too incompetent.

EDIT: I was hasty. Sedona should return some time this season, but I'm not seeing any news about her return being imminent.

Sedona is out for the year. Hopefully, TCU has a medical staff that she and her family don't find to be too incompetent.

EDIT: I was hasty. Sedona should return some time this season, but I'm not seeing any news about her return being imminent.
Sedonia already praised TCU's medical staff when she announced her surgery. Can't believe that TCU has a better staff than Texas.

TCU is having a “purple out” for this game. I hate their arena, but a “white out” would not be good. Between the lighting and that hideous floor it’s painful to watch and I’d hate to play there.

TCU is having a “purple out” for this game. I hate their arena, but a “white out” would not be good. Between the lighting and that hideous floor it’s painful to watch and I’d hate to play there.

A purple out? Wonderful. That'll show us. Last week they handed out 100s of horns down shirts, so I posted this on twitter after the men's game:

Sedonia already praised TCU's medical staff when she announced her surgery. Can't believe that TCU has a better staff than Texas.
They don't. And the unwarranted bashing of our medical staff is why I will never be more than neutral to slightly negative towards her career moving forward.

Even watching on TV is like looking into a f-ing kaleidoscope.

Any news on Hadi? She didn't play the last two games due to illness, and only played 5, 8, and 7 minutes in the three games before that.

Purple out? The seats are purple and most fans already wear purple - I wear a purple TCU sweatshirt when I go to their games. (Not tomorrow, of course, I'll be in orange!) So how will a purple out be different?

For some reason, the floor doesn't bother me. The frog scales are certainly unique to TCU. Might think differently if I had to play on it ... expecting a win - we have better athletes and we'll wear them down ... Hook'em!
:hookem2:

Purple out? The seats are purple and most fans already wear purple - I wear a purple TCU sweatshirt when I go to their games. (Not tomorrow, of course, I'll be in orange!) So how will a purple out be different?

For some reason, the floor doesn't bother me. The frog scales are certainly unique to TCU. Might think differently if I had to play on it ... expecting a win - we have better athletes and we'll wear them down ... Hook'em!
I get emails from TCU because I’ve bought tickets through them before. They’re encouraging everyone to wear purple, giving away purple poms, shirts etc. and “purple out” is their term not mine.

UTSUgrad
So those are frog scales? I never knew what they were, just that it was ugly.

Glad you will be representing in Burnt Orange. :bevo::clap:

I get emails from TCU because I’ve bought tickets through them before. They’re encouraging everyone to wear purple, giving away purple poms, shirts etc. and “purple out” is their term not mine.

I buy at the ticket window now, so don't get the promos. But during the Coach Mittie years, my 90-plus year old mom and I had season tickets. She loved to reminisce about how she played outdoors on dirt courts in the 1930s! She and her friends went to Texas games in Austin until they all got too old (or died, sigh) and she moved to a retirement community in Fort Worth. We enjoyed supporting the Frogs, but of course we will always be Longhorns!

The board right now is hilarious. I’m enjoying the stories but it’s clear we’ve gone a week without a game. :yes:

Anyone know where Booker went?

(Not a Kirk Bohls snark question. I mean literally where did she go?)

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-GEORGIA *
Sat, Oct 19 • 6:30 PM on ABC

Recent Threads

Back