Summer Law Internship

p_town_horn

1,000+ Posts
I am a SMU Law student with a top 1/3 GPA and on the #2 law review at the school. I did some OCI with big and medium firms but apparently have struck out (why the hell do law firms never contact you again if they are not interested?). Anyways I am now sending out some resumes to medium firms in Dallas and was wondering what the chances were like in Austin? I know Austin legal is a hard nut to crack but some Dallas firms (even pretty big ones) have recently added some more positions for the summer and I was wondering what the best bet is in Austin? Is there any point in sending out resumes to firms or just a waste of paper for an SMU student?

I am in the top 1/2 at a third tier and landed a spot at a mid-size firm in Austin for the summer. The job search is a crapshoot, so if you want to be in Austin, it can't hurt to send Austin firms your resume. Just get on it now before any remaining open spots get filled.

I obtained my law clerk job while in school by going to the career center and pulling the list of all firms that had hired students in the past.

Then I went through the phone book, and called every single one of them to see if they might be hiring. Sent them resume's, and followed up a week later with repeated phone calls until I got a response one way or the other.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-GEORGIA *
Sat, Oct 19 • 6:30 PM on ABC

Recent Threads

Back