Stanford game

Chop

10,000+ Posts
:ut: VS. :stanford:

2pm Central Time on ABC.
We’re currently a 10 point favorite :yikes:

Stanford’s strength—this is a very, very good rebounding team. They crash the boards hard and get a lot of second (and third) chance garbage points. It seems that we’ve been susceptible to opposing teams doing that… Stanford is also very strong on the Defensive glass. Their starting lineup has 4 players 6’8” or taller! Ingram is a beast on the glass. He’s a real windex man. We’ve got to hit the boards hard, box out, and minimize Stanford’s second and third chances. We do that—we win.

Go Horns!

:ut::ut::ut:

Best thing about being here, we don’t have to hear Walton
C47-E8247-AAFE-4767-ADFA-9-D0-D2-EAA98-C9.jpg

MXV2y1HG

ESPN should grab a few thousand homeless, give them free alcohol and $20 to sit in the old UNLV arena and listen to Walton. Why the hell is that guy under contract, or is this the final payments of an NIL before we knew what they were?

Ingram’s grabbing his boards, getting his garbage points, and kept it close. Our massive talent made the difference. How bout Allen!

Andrew Jones looks very off on his 3 point shots. His free throw shooting is also off.
Wish he would make a few of those just to get his confidence back.

While Stanford is not a great team, they’re not bad. This was a good win. We’re obviously not hitting on all cylinders, but, in the end, we got the job done. I’ll gladly take it.

Bill was never my favorite player and he was a quirky fellow, but I liked hearing him on any broadcast I would watch. I had no idea he had cancer and it sounds like he kept it very quiet. Bill was very talented and I feel like he would have had a more legendary career had his feet not given him so many massive problems. I think he only really had 8 or so really productive years.

RIP Bill!! :hookem:

I have a brother who has lived in San Diego, Santa Cruz and now Aptos for close to 50 years.
Avid camper and backpacker.
In the summer of 1979 he was hiking in Yosemite and had just set up his tent when these two guys came ambling down the trail. My bro was sporting a Grateful Dead t shirt and noticed one of the guys (the really tall one) had one as well. They stopped and chatted for a while.
Turns out it was Walton and an SI writer working on a feature for the 1979 NBA preview edition. He got his picture and a short write up in the article.
upload_2024-5-28_12-16-11.jpeg

His fifteen minutes.

Back