sseries 7 or 65 license

bmoore15

100+ Posts
I'm currently majoring in finance and economics. After graduation I hope to get into investment banking or something similar. I will graduate in about 2 more semesters and am looking for ways to make my resume look better. Someone mentioned to me that I might look into getting a Series 7 or Series 65 license. Would it be a good idea for me to go ahead and get one of these licenses and which one? Or should I look at something else? Any ideas are much appreciated.

To get your series 7, you have to be sponsored by an employing firm to be able to take it. So if you want it, go interview and get hired by Ameriprise, AXA, etc and they will sponsor you to take the exam. You normally have to pay to take the exam (about $1k), but if you pass, the employer will reimburse you.

Once you get your license, then leave and find a better job.

Oh, and without a doubt, get your series 7 over your series 65.

Both are worthless IMO. Series 7's are a dime a dozen and the transaction business is dying. 65 won't do much for you right away but eventually you'll need it.

If you do decide to do both you need a 7, 63 and a 66.

midtown they replaced the 63 and 65 w the 66 years ago so a 7 and 66 would be needed in most cases.

it really depends what you want to do. if you want to be a trader/financial advisor you need to get these kind of things. if you want to be an investment banker type you need to network , get a good degree and bust your *** for those 7 high paying jobs left after all these collapses. good luck

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-GEORGIA *
Sat, Oct 19 • 6:30 PM on ABC

Recent Threads

Back