So there is a big announcement on Thursday w CDC and aggie AD in Houston. Why?

Dave,

They are announcing a corporate sponsor for the Aggie game. Watch it; no reporter will ask why "that" sponsor, but two dozen will want to know why the neutral site games is not happening.

Dave,

They are announcing a corporate sponsor for the Aggie game. Watch it; no reporter will ask why "that" sponsor, but two dozen will want to know why the neutral site games is not happening.
The reaction from most of the fans and sport
Over It Whatever GIF by Satisfied Customer

unimpressed morgan freeman GIF

Neutral site and corporate availability

If you drop $10+ million for naming rights, you want as much fanfare as you can get.

Do you think they will play in Houston?

I've been told that is a dead issue. Regardless if it is Thursday, Friday, or
Saturday, I'm told that ship has sailed.

Corporate money could make the difference, but on the surface, OU tickets are $200, so it stands to reason aTm tickets would be $200. JerryWorld and NRG are both significantly smaller than Memorial or Kyle. 30,000 seats at $200 each is $6 million, hence the corporate sponsorship can make that up easily, but I'm told fans want it on campus.

I don’t care where we whip them but it seems to me that a neutral site game would elevate aggie and give them status as an adequate rival of The University of Texas.

I don’t care where we whip them but it seems to me that a neutral site game would elevate aggie and give them status as an adequate rival of The University of Texas.
While home and home is my preference, not having to go to that cesspool on the Brazos wouldn’t be a bad thing. It might also insulate us from Aggie shenanigans that have historically been an issue.

WOW! That was underwhelming. ONE of the five TV stations in Houston carried it live, but virtually no audio & the camera might as well have been mounted in Sealy. The corporate sponsor has to be firing the employee responsible. Did they get mentioned? Oh yes, but 98% of the attendees don't know who it is.

The one thing I did get from the press conference is that the rumor that tickets for the game are selling for over $100,000 is false.

Glad I didn't cancel my appointment with my neurosurgeon to go.

Well big fat whoop-tee-doo. Remember, from now on the game must be referred to as the "Cotton Holdings, Inc. Lone Star Showdown."

(or at least, the TV sportscasters will be required to refer to it as such)

Watching a replay (or listening) on my phone, Trev being Trev put another nail in his coffin by referring to it as "Aggieville" rather than "Aggie Land". Anyone wanting to join the committee being formed to find a new AD, get on over to Cotton in City Centre.

If anyone is interested, you can now go to www.khou.com, click on the story, and watch the entire press conference with real audio and closeup video. It's about 25 minutes. Cotton (a big Aggie & NIL donor) only takes up a few minutes. Chris & Trev speak, as does Craig Way & and the guy that replaced Dave South. Chris did get off one zinger that took everyone aback.

Watching a replay (or listening) on my phone, Trev being Trev put another nail in his coffin by referring to it as "Aggieville" rather than "Aggie Land". Anyone wanting to join the committee being formed to find a new AD, get on over to Cotton in City Centre.
Seriously? Aggieville is something they would say on the Dr Pepper commercials.

He was talking about the rivalry and its history and then said something like, "The alternating neutral site will be good for the state". He started laughing and said that wasn't in the cards, but the Aggies had already sucked all the air out of the room and organized a lynch mob in that 30 seconds.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back