Seeking Opportunities for Chemical Engineer

longhorns06

100+ Posts
I was wondering if anyone knows of any current opportunities for a Chemical Engineer. I've been looking for a career change for over a year now and wanted to see if anyone could provide any advice.

I'm currently in the Washington DC/Northern Virginia area and would love to stay in this area. I'm also open to other areas too.

I'm also pretty open to any opportunities outside of engineering as well. (i.e. business development, consulting, analyst, etc....).

Thanks for the help in advance!

Hey all. I've still been looking around for jobs. Hopefully with the job market slowly picking back up, there might be more opportunities. If yall know of any places for me to consider or have any networks I could touch base with, I'd love to hear about it anytime. Thanks everyone!

This job market sucks. When I graduated in '93, (also Chemical Engineering) it wasn't this bad but I still couldn't get a job, so I ended up taking the only thing I could get--a government job. Regulatory agencies like EPA, or in Texas the TCEQ, hire engineering grads and engineers for different kinds of work. TXDOT here also seems to hire a lot of engineers. However, the salary is quite a bit lower than the private sector.

Here is a current Engineer opening at TCEQ:The Link

Note that this one requires a P.E. license, and has a starting salary around 47k. We also hire engineering graduates w/out a P.E. license but at a substantially lower salary (typically ~36k if no/minimal experience).

Not surprisingly, we have a hard time recuiting/keeping engineers at those salaries.

Hey man, I'm looking for work. I have a BS in aerospace with a summer internship and a DoD contractor and a year of PT work at a software company. If you've got any openings I'm ready to start asap.

nothing wrong with working for TXDOT. My dad made a career of it, evidently things haven't changed much. The state was last on the list of places grads wanted to work, about a hundred years ago.
smile.gif

He retired in '93 with a very good pension, paid off his house, pretty nice house in RR, has been working for one of his ex employees ever since he retired. Ex employee started his own engineering firm, Dad works when he wants, keeps his brain going, etc.

Recent Threads

Back