Season Finish

How will the Horns finish the regular season?

• 4-2

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • 3-3

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • 2-4

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • who knows

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters

Vol Horn 4 Life

Good Bye To All The Rest!
I just can't visualize a scenario where we win more than 4 of our final 6 and should have no problem winning at least 2.

Would like to see the Horns win their final big 12 tourny, but winning 4 games in 4 days will be tough and probably not the best for the opening weekend of the ncaa tournament. Doing so could move them up to as high as a 6-7 seed.

Would like to see the Horns win their final big 12 tourny, but winning 4 games in 4 days will be tough and probably not the best for the opening weekend of the ncaa tournament. Doing so could move them up to as high as a 6-7 seed.
I think the odds of us winning this tourney are well under 10%, and probably closer to 1%.

Can't see any real possibility of the Horns beating either KU, BU or Houston. TTU will be very tough, as would BYU.
B12 has good teams up and down. Horns are playing well, and I can see them winning one, possibly two but no more in the B12 tournament.
Good news is that March Madness will not be any tougher than the B12. I could see the Horns getting to the sweet 16. Which would be excellent.

March madness success often depends on matchups. If Texas is an 8-9 seed I doubt they make the sweet 16 as they don’t matchup well at all with the three 1seeds they will likely face (UConn, Purdue or Tennessee). Best chance would probably be Arizona if it gets the 1seed over Tennessee. Committee won’t have them face uh in the second round. The 8-9 game will be against another inconsistent team like Texas and that will probably be determined by who gets hot and hits their ft’s.

That Houston team looks like a national champ. Not that they will. But they don't need to elevate much to make it to the final four imo.

That Houston team looks like a national champ. Not that they will. But they don't need to elevate much to make it to the final four imo.
Remembering way back to the last several minutes of the 1983 Houston vs North Carolina State game, I have serious doubts that there would be unbiased officiating should Houston reach the championship again this year.

KU threw in the towel on B12 tourney. They are sitting both McMullar and Dickinson to get ready for the big dance.
OK. That's good. Without those two our chances of beating them go way up!
I hope the Horns are focused tonight and take care of business against ksu.
:hookem3::hookem3::coolnana::coolnana:

I think a single win puts us in the running for a 7 seed. As second win (which would be over ISU) clinches the 7 seed and opens the door for more.

Winning the Big XII tourney isn't realistic. But if we are gonna talk fantasies... I think you are being unduly pessimistic about our potential seeding. If our path includes ISU in the quarterfinal, Baylor in the semifinal, and UH in the final, our computer and SOS rankings would go through the roof. A 4 seed would be possible, and I don't see any world in which we don't get a 5. If our path only includes 2 of those 3, a 5 or 6 seed would be most likely.

I think a single win puts us in the running for a 7 seed. As second win (which would be over ISU) clinches the 7 seed and opens the door for more.

Winning the Big XII tourney isn't realistic. But if we are gonna talk fantasies... I think you are being unduly pessimistic about our potential seeding. If our path includes ISU in the quarterfinal, Baylor in the semifinal, and UH in the final, our computer and SOS rankings would go through the roof. A 4 seed would be possible, and I don't see any world in which we don't get a 5. If our path only includes 2 of those 3, a 5 or 6 seed would be most likely.
A 5 or 6 seeding would be nice seeing how several put the final nail in the coffin for RT and these Longhorns long ago.
I’ll admit, I had my doubts also.

Back