Riley leads OSU against the Horns

BabHorn

10,000+ Posts
Game story from Texassports.com.

Game story from the OSU website

OSU will bring in an 8 game winning streak and a two game winning streak over Texas into Austin. OSU has a 5-1 road record while Texas is 7-1 at home.

Horns are going to be tested by the best scorer in the Big 12 in Riley. She took OU apart with 45 pts, 17 from the FT line. She won the game at A&M with a beyond NBA range 3. She gets to the basket, the FT line and shoots the 3 from regions beyond your normal player. While Riley attracts the attention, Hardeman is a very good shooter in her own right, hitting 46.7% of her 3s compared to Riley’s 42.9% . Of course, Hardeman has only taken 15 3s in Big 12 play compared to Riley’s 28. Green supplies the scoring punch to supplement Riley, averaging 14.3 ppg in conference play to Riley’s 29.8 ppg. What the Cowgirls don’t do is assist on their FGs. They have 8.8 assists per game while making 24.8 FGs per game. The Horns make 11.3 apg on their 21.5 FGs per game. What is surprising is that Riley leads OSU in assists as well as scoring, minutes played, and is second on rebounding.

The Horns have Brit, Ashley, and Kat in double figure scoring in conference play. Ashley is just one rebound per game from averaging a double-double in Big 12 play. Ashley leads the league in blocked shots with 3.75 per game. One would expect that Ebay to shoulder most of the load guarding Riley but Brit, Carla and maybe Crystal and Niqky could end up guarding her at times. The Horns will have to keep Riley in the teens if possible. That will mean not sending her to the FT line more than ten times while contesting each shot. They can’t concentrate on Riley to the exclusion of the other Cowgirls, especially Green and Hardeman, or they will get burned. Cordero provides a good presence inside although she is liable to shoot the 3 often, so far with little success in conference (2-14).

The game will be heard in Austin on KVET 1300 AM and will be seen on TSTV (Time Warner Cable 77). The game starts at 7pm.

You know. Last year against OSU was the breaking point with me. That was the loss that had me walking on the edge trying not to jump off. I certainly hope that (those) loss(es) last year are eating at the players just enough to make revenge the deciding factor. Come on Horns, you deserve to get back a little bit of what you lost last year!!!
hookem.gif

Lets go Ladys, we need this W.But we must have some energy on both ends of the floor.For 40 mnutes.They got us twice last year.Lets get them twice! And everyone must be in a attack mood.We can no longer try to depend on 1 or 2 players.It will have to be a team effort from here on out.GO FIGHT WIN.

I have TWC but I wonder if it will be on one of my TWC public announcement channels in DFW metroplex. I'll definitely be flipping through the 8 or 15 channels hoping they air it in the metroplex. I sure hope so.

Maybe I can call them. I thought for sure this game was going to be on FSN.

Wonderful job ladys containing A.Riley.We are the only team that been able to slow her down.Thats said a lot about our defense!Keep up the good work.Now we need this victory on Sat. against Missouri.GO FIGHT WIN!

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-VANDERBILT *
Sat, Oct 26 • 3:15 PM on SECN

Recent Threads

Back