renamed: Bucky not gone

jmatt

1,000+ Posts
Listening to 1300 this morning and there's no Bucky, just the lame-*** Fox sports show. There wasn't any sort of announcement or disclaimer that I heard.

Hopefully, he's just taking care of the family stuff mentioned last week...

Okay, I somehow missed that he had planned to take the day off, probably because I can only listen while I'm driving to work (no radios or streaming media at work)...

Not sure about Bucky, but we get the national FOX Sports show on 760 here in San Antonio and it's not used as a replacement on a short-term basis. I'm not certain, but I'd guess that 1300 has signed on for the national programming. I will say while I dislike the mid-morning show, the earlier show with Steve Czaban is actually pretty entertaining, though that could change now that football is just about done.

I don't know for sure, but I think beatya is right. They wouldn't get the national show for one day. I have a bad feeling about this.

This morning, 1530 suggested they would break some major news very soon. This could be related to their signal strength... but this could also be related to a new morning show.

Being a Fox affiliate allows us to use Fox Sports Radio as a default, if/when we have no local programming airing.

That usually happens on holidays, instead of B and E they would broadcast the fox national show. I like Czabe's show though, I wish they would carry the full 3 hours on a daily basis.

He said last week that he would take MLK day off for once.

And I believe they aired the national Fox show for that first hour Bucky missed on Friday.

I think it's about the signal strength, if it's the same promo I heard. It talked about big news from downtown to north Austin to south Austin to Manor to Georgetown, etc., etc. That's exactly the kind of promo you'd run if you were increasing your signal strength.

Chuck L's interview with the new Royals manager was great however. I'm glad i hung on to listen to that.

The Royals are going to be my official American League team this year.

a few of the callers did mention Bucky.

You can believe what you want, I can't control that, but The Blitz wasn't (and never is) faked.

People call, they're not screened, they say whatever they say. As long as they don't say something that will get people in trouble, they don't get dumped.

Recent Threads

Back