Reggie Bush

BornOrange0855

250+ Posts
Yes, the rules have changed and what Reggie did back in the early 2000s wouldn't be a violation now. But he violated the rules that were in place at the time. The term I've heard for that type of conduct is cheater. But hey, I'm old school. What do I know?
But now he's suing the Pac 12, USC and the NCAA to be compensated for what he thinks his worth was back in the day. If he wins this suit, the door will be opened. Manziel could sue; Vince and Colt could sue. Hell, for all I know the estate of Bobby Layne could sue. Crazy!!!!

I've never thought very highly of Reggie. I didn't think my opinion of him could be lowered. But it has.

Yes, the rules have changed and what Reggie did back in the early 2000s wouldn't be a violation now. But he violated the rules that were in place at the time. The term I've heard for that type of conduct is cheater. But hey, I'm old school. What do I know?
But now he's suing the Pac 12, USC and the NCAA to be compensated for what he thinks his worth was back in the day. If he wins this suit, the door will be opened. Manziel could sue; Vince and Colt could sue. Hell, for all I know the estate of Bobby Layne could sue. Crazy!!!!

I've never thought very highly of Reggie. I didn't think my opinion of him could be lowered. But it has.
100%. He cheated and took money, as did his family - like many others, but got cold-busted and faced the penalties of the time.

Do the beer and liquor companies have a legal precedent to go back to Prohibition and sue for lost revenue? Though fortunes were made in boot legging, do they have a legitimate legal case to sue? Does Bush?

It's the California court system. God only knows what those morons would rule. Conversely, can A&M sue for refund on Dickerson's TransAm?

I had an elderly friend who had a favorite expression, "He ain't good people". No explanation, but you could take it to the bank.

Bush "ain't good people", and he's spent his entire life walking around with his hand out. In business, we used to refer to that as "being a *****".

It was kinda dumb for the Heisman Trust to take his trophy away. His cheating was taking money or a house not PEDs. It's even dumber for them to give it back. As you state, the rules are different now, but the stripping of the trophy was for the rules at the time.

Similar but separate - Should NCAA forfeits and vacated wins be undone if was due to a player taking money? NO!

It was kinda dumb for the Heisman Trust to take his trophy away. His cheating was taking money or a house not PEDs. It's even dumber for them to give it back. As you state, the rules are different now, but the stripping of the trophy was for the rules at the time.

Similar but separate - Should NCAA forfeits and vacated wins be undone if was due to a player taking money? NO!
I don't think anyone ever gave any credence to "vacated" anything. You won it on the field. nuff said.

The fun was recruiting with their negatives in hand. I had was my secretary referred to as the "Dickerson letter" that was sent mostly to RBs. (Even sent it a few times at Barry's request.)

The letter stated a few undeniable facts:

1) SMU was the only undefeated team in D-1, YET they were never ranked or considered #1 because nobody cared nor followed them.

2) They took their undefeated season into the Cotton Bowl to play before fewer than 30,000. (That's butts in seats not tickets sold) Still not ranked #1

3) Eric Dickerson (you just think YOU hate Bosworth) was the best RB in college football and didn't sniff the Hype$man because nobody cared.

Few, if any know how many games they "vacated", but people will remember those facts, and RECRUITS DID!

Mind you, the next great RB at SMU cried because they bought his mother a new house and got her a much better paying job at the Fruitcake factory. FWIW, he was a great young man, who hated SMU and lasted one semester.

Eric Dickerson hates Texas because he is still butthurt that we would not pay him. Both of my parents attended Sealy HS and I have *lots* of family there.

Phil,

I went with a friend to meet Dickerson in Sealy. My guy was good friends the family. I told Akers that five minutes into meeting I was ready to leave and let somebody else go, I wouldn't go back.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-OU *
Sat, Oct 12 • 2:30 PM on ABC

Recent Threads

Back