Product Development (RD) and ChE Opportunities?

longhorns06

100+ Posts
I'd like to get into consumer product development and engineer profession or even a research & development and medical development position. I've really wanted to work for a sporting company like Nike, Adidas since I was young. Though, I haven't had too much success.

I'd like to apply for to any consumer product development/engineer or R&D companies that will consider hiring a chemical engineer. I am a fairly recent grad and have just gained experience in the oil industry. I haven't had any R&D work experience yet. I'd love to follow my passion and pursue the Product Development industry. Could yall advise of companies I should look into?

I am flexible in location. It'd be sweet to be Texas or Cali though.

Thanks for yall's help!
Hook'em

I have a chemical engineering degree and haven't had much luck search for R&D opportunities. Do yall have any recommendation for R&D places to look at, with my background?

Seems like there are a few big companies that hire ChemE's for product development or R&D. Any of your standard consumer product /pharmaceutical companies like Johnson & Johnson or Proctor & Gamble hire a lot of Chemists and Chemical Engineers.

It looks like I will have to be pretty patient in my career search for a Product Development position.

If anyone knows of an available position for a Chemical Engineer, could you kindly refer me to the position?

I have been working for this big company ever since graduating a couple years ago and haven't enjoyed it from the start. I thought with time, the job, opportunities and management would be better, but it has been the complete opposite.

I have been searching for other jobs for the past 3-4 months, but if yall had any connections, I would be more than thankful to use your help. Thanks to all.

Well.. Just an update (which is not much). I'm still looking for a job. If anyone has any connections or advise, could you kindly advise of any? I'm definitely still looking hard.

Recruiters are your friends. Google your discipline and recruiters then go from there. At least they can tell you if you are qualified to seek the job you are after.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-GEORGIA *
Sat, Oct 19 • 6:30 PM on ABC

Recent Threads

Back