Portland, OR Jobs

iplaydrums

100+ Posts
I'm looking to make a move to the Portland, OR area as soon as possible, but am not completely familiar with the job scene. I have looked at Nike in Beaverton, as well as Oregon State University at Corvallis, both sort of in the Portland area. My background is a mix between Development/Fundraising and Online Marketing. I'm a recent grad, but have had plenty of experience, both internships and jobs, positive recommendations, and all that other good stuff to be competitive. Ideally, I would like to stay in the fundraising side, but really am flexible to anything.

My fiance is up there actually--we've been doing the long distance thing for a year and a half, and I'm ready to leave Austin to be closer. I'm also not fully satisfied with the potential for advancement at my current fundraising job.

There are 24 billion dollar companies in the Portland/Beaverton area. In addition to Nike, there's also Columbia Sportswear. You can also look into:

Daimler Trucks North America
Fred Meyer (groceries)
Hampton Affiliates (lumber)
Hoffman Corp (massive construction: subways, semiconductor plants)
Knowledge Learning (daycare/preschool)
North Pacific Group (distributor of building materials)
Oregon Health & Science

to name a few.

Thanks for the suggestions HornBud. I looked into all of those companies--I wish I could get into Columbia or Nike obviously... Does anyone else have any other suggestions or connections? Its greatly appreciated. Thanks

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-GEORGIA *
Sat, Oct 19 • 6:30 PM on ABC

Recent Threads

Back