Playing Soft

midtown horn

< 25 Posts
Maybe I'm just mad because of the game, but imo this team is soft. The only one who displayed any toughness tonight was Dex. Why do we continually wait for teams to punch us in the mouth before we do anything?
One player in particular has been especially frustrating to me and this young man should be the team's leader. AJ Abrams seems to have taken his obsession with AI to a new level this year. He is forcing way too many shots and it seems that he is playing selfish this year and it is unacceptable.
I guess the point I'm trying to make is that we need more Sonny Alverado's and James Thomas'. Kick the @#!$ out of teams and be unapologetic about it.
Sorry for the vent, just wanted to see if anyone else feels like I do.

When has Abrams ever been a leader? The only reason anyone even thinks he could be a leader is because he's the most experience.

Reality is he's one of the worst defensive players Rick Barnes has ever coached in his life, and he's a total liability if he isn't making these ridiculous off-balanced threes.

I wish we could stop running those plays and run plays that get us more efficient high % shots.

You're right AJ has never been a leader on this team, nor has he had to be. This year I was hoping he would step up and take the role because of his experience but he hasnt and his play has reflected as such.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Back