paraprofessional certification

stina

100+ Posts
I've been considering giving up my house wife status and applying for a job as a teachers aide. I've been doing searches to get information on paraprofessional certification in TX and I'm a little confused. I've seen information that seems to indicate it is possible to just take a test, if you are "highly qualified" which seems to mean if you have at least 48 hrs. of college credit. I do but can't seem to figure out where to take the test. There is a course offered at ACC which seems to conclude with certification but I missed the beginning of the Oct. session and there isn't another until Feb. Has anyone gone through this process? Does anyone know for sure whether you have to take a course to be eligible for certification?

I would appreciate any additional information any one has. Thanks.

If I were you I would call ACC and ask them what the requirements for taking the test are. They would know and I'm sure will be happy to tell you what you need to do. I call universities and community colleges all the time to ask them questions about requirements for admissions, courses required for certifications and the like. They have always been very helpful once I found the right person who had the information.

stina,
Call the personnel offices at Pflugerville ISD, or AISD, or wherever you are interested in applying. Just ask them about the requirements and any processes necessary. Go straight to the source - I promise the school district folks won't mind informing you.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-GEORGIA *
Sat, Oct 19 • 6:30 PM on ABC

Recent Threads

Back