OU OC Seth Littrell fired.

ou OC deserved being canned!

So riddle me Venables, you filthy animal, who is going to take the ou OC job from the outside?

Most possible OC's will look at your 4-3 record so far this season (with serious darkness still ahead) and see YOU and your staff likely gone in 2025.

Last edited:
Worster,

You have to figure that Art Briles and Todd Graham have already sent their resumes in to Joe. Then there is Kendall and Graham Harrell.

Has Seth been fired or just demoted?

Worster,

You have to figure that Art Briles and Todd Graham have already sent their resumes in to Joe. Then there is Kendall and Graham Harrell.

Has Seth been fired or just demoted?

Wow!!

Some of you say:

"Would ou seriously consider a horribly tarnished and corrupt HC like Art Briles to return to glory?"

Wait for it....

Hell yes they would !!!

Last edited:
ou OC deserved being canned!

So, riddle me Venables, who is going to take the ou OC job from the outside?

Most possible
OC's will look at your 4-3 record so far this season (with serious darkness ahead) and see YOU and your staff likely gone in 2025.
Seems like we had a similar situation towards the end of the CS era.

This is not a magic answer and promoting the "Co-Offensive Coordinator" who's in charge of our LEAST effective unit (TE's) is curious.

I will say that one of my favorite media folks is a former player and all american (Gabe Ikard). He had serious issues with a few things on our offensive scheme. Our run game concepts did not match our talent. According to him we were running a scheme that would fit a dominant OL. We have a marginal OL that needed quick hitters to be successful. Examples are some of those odd looking TE pull plays and speed option that failed against UT. Our passing game needed a Dillon Gabriel not a true freshman. They pointed out last week before the game they we SHOULD NOT try to block these two DE's for USC with a single TE or RB. We did on both of our first two turnovers - the first and third plays of our offense.

On a side note, I was listening to them this morning and he thought that this loss by UT may have been good for you guys in the long run. It will give Sark some ammo for the rest of the season in the locker room to motivate and remind a very good team that there are other very good teams and you have to stay hungry and sharp.

Agreed, play calling was not the problem and won't fix the issue.
Agreed. They didn't have any plays to call that were working.

"Would ou seriously consider a horribly tarnished and corrupt HC like Art Briles to return to glory?"

Wait for it....

Hell yes they would !!!
Maybe - but they got a lot of flack from their own fanbase just for Lebby having Briles with him at the game one time.

Now the big question - is Finley the new OC, or is this move just a bandaid to get to the offseason to search for a new OC?
I think this is a band-aid. If I'm BV I bring in some hotshot up and comer and encourage him to keep the OL coach. He's got some good ones in the pipeline and he gets a lot of credit for the # of OL that he has saying "OU Bubba, Oklahoma" on Sunday and Monday nights.

Side note: I saw a guy say "First, Last,; OLine U" a few weeks ago. I assumed it was Iowa, Notre Dame, Wisconsin, Michigan? Maybe Bama or Texas. Selfishly, I was offended because I'd like to think OU was OLine U even though I don't think that's true. It was this guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Moore_(American_football)...I snorted.

I think this is a band-aid. If I'm BV I bring in some hotshot up and comer and encourage him to keep the OL coach. He's got some good ones in the pipeline and he gets a lot of credit for the # of OL that he has saying "OU Bubba, Oklahoma" on Sunday and Monday nights.

Side note: I saw a guy say "First, Last,; OLine U" a few weeks ago. I assumed it was Iowa, Notre Dame, Wisconsin, Michigan? Maybe Bama or Texas. Selfishly, I was offended because I'd like to think OU was OLine U even though I don't think that's true. It was this guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Moore_(American_football)...I snorted.

Bubba,

Venables should take a long hard look at the kid that is/was as Tech. He was at Houston Baptist, then Western (??) Kentucky. He took a kid no one wanted at HBU, moved him to Kentucky and turned him into a high draft choice. Young, aggressive, smart, and never been on the big stage. Hard as hell to recruit at Tech unless your name is Mike Leach. That problem will not be allowed to be talked about, but it has existed for decades.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-VANDERBILT *
Sat, Oct 26 • 3:15 PM on SECN

Recent Threads

Back