One man B-Ball

p_town_horn

1,000+ Posts
I will be the first to admit that I am no basketball expert but it seems to me Texas over the last two years has played too much one man ball. In easier games we seem to spread the ball around pretty well but in the tough ones or in a jam we give the rock to the best man on the court and say 'what can you give me.'

This happened with Durant last year and especially in the playoffs. He averaged 10 more points than the next highest scorer in the season and playoffs; averge 28 pts in the tourney 2nd highest was 18 from Abrams. Now I know some people will say the best player in the country should have way more points than any one else, but it is more than that. It seemed like DJ brought it down they gave it to Durant in the wing and then... stand around time for the rest of the team.

Compare: Kansas has some of the best talent in college basketball this year and last year, yet their top five scorers' averages are less than five points apart; the top three less than two; that is spreading the ball around. Last year top three less than two point spread. For Texas this year top 3 is a seven point differential and top 5 is fourteen.

Again I am no prodigy of the sport but there seems to be a lack of passing and team play.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Back