No LHN - How to Watch Volleyball, Softball, Etc.

justabbfan

250+ Posts
I've been anxious about the loss of the Longhorn Network. I feel sure with the SEC Network and ESPN+ I will not miss any WBB games. But, I also enjoy watching Women's Volleyball and Softball. Hopefully, ESPN will carry those games as well.

I've been anxious about the loss of the Longhorn Network. I feel sure with the SEC Network and ESPN+ I will not miss any WBB games. But, I also enjoy watching Women's Volleyball and Softball. Hopefully, ESPN will carry those games as well.
I think the SEC network will have everything covered through the ESPN+ app.

Wow, just read that a streaming version of LHN will debut on July 1st. From the description it will broadcast some live events as well as past events, ticket management, etc. It might be only a smart phone app currently. Read more on the Texas athletics site.

While all live competitions will still be shown across the SEC rightsholder's networks, LHN will be the exclusive outlet for Texas Athletics' original content. Produced by Learfield Studios and Texas Studios, the network will feature highlights, exclusive behind-the-scenes access to sports programs, interviews with student-athletes and coaches, a 24/7 channel and replays of the greatest games in ESPN's Longhorn Network archive. Learfield Studios and Texas Athletics are currently in development of content franchises with new series and episodes debuting this fall. On LHN, fans will also be able to watch game week and postgame press conferences, as well as live football game statcasts with play-by-play radio audio. Additionally, coaches' shows, such as Longhorn Weekly, will be available on the platform.
From the TexasSports.com article. If by live events you mean games/matches, the rights to those belong to the SEC Network and their broadcast partners (ESPN, ABC, etc).

The ESPN app has access to ESPN+, ESPN and SEC Network content. To get the ESPN+ content you need a subscription to ESPN+. To get SEC+ content your cable provider or streaming service must have SEC Network. Any conference volleyball match that wasn't broadcast on SEC Network or ESPN was streamed on SEC+. I would hope it is similar for the other sports.

Yes, I know all of that. I subscribe to ESPN+ and receive SEC network as well. By live events the announcement indicated pre and post game analysis and coach and player interviews. Also they will offer original programming, coach’s shows and programming from “all 21 longhorn athletics programs.”.

Yes, I know all of that. I subscribe to ESPN+ and receive SEC network as well. By live events the announcement indicated pre and post game analysis and coach and player interviews. Also they will offer original programming, coach’s shows and programming from “all 21 longhorn athletics programs.”.
I like coach and player interviews, but the pre- and post-game analysis is definitely a turn off for me. I probably won't be watching this too much.

From what I have read ESPN should have most of the Longhorn sports I enjoy covered. Biggest negative is one cannot record from ESPN+. I can’t think of a way around this unless the games are being broadcast on You Tube tv (my cable replacement).

Last edited:

Recent Threads

Back