Need advise on starting a recovery home/sober home

BHud

250+ Posts
I was advised to post this over here. My apologies if this is in the wrong place, but here goes:

As many of you know, (probably a few of you believe in WAY too much detail) my road to recovery has been a wonderful, blessed experience. I come to you today, again asking for your 2 cents. Last Thursday, after 7 wonderful days on Route 66, in Vegas, Roswell, and a host of other places I Was unexpectedly let go. I wasn't upset, other than losing my cell phone and laptop, but still......I had a plan in place already.

My wife and I have been talking over the prospect of opening a faiht-based transitional living center/recovery house, for those fresh out of recovery, or those that need the extra guidance. We have the house to do it, though it will need some maintenance. My wife has the background to do it (she has an undergraduate in rehab therapy, and multiple counseling Masters) and I have the pure will to make this my life. I'm trying to get through all the non-profit paperwork, and pretty much working 16 hour days...but I have to admit, I am a bit lost when it comes to this. We have a partner of sorts, but he will be handling more of the maintenance side of things, as I am utterly useless when it comes to home repairs and the like. I'm handling all the paperwork, starting fund-raising, etc. Any suggestions out there?
-----------------------------------------------------

As an update, I have managed to luck my way through the state forms, with regards to Articles of Incorporation, and am now working on the Federal forms. That is our current toughest hurdle...well, that and developing a life program for our residents. We've talked to a few city/county resources, and they advise that Ft Worth is in desperate need of more of these, which makes our big picture a bit more inviting. (A network of these.) But I still need your thoughts and suggestions.....

Thanks so much!

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-GEORGIA *
Sat, Oct 19 • 6:30 PM on ABC

Recent Threads

Back