Moving to St Pete/Tampa/possibly Sarasota Florida

LondonOllie

250+ Posts
Hi guys, I've been back in the UK almost 3 years and now as the missus has just had a baby, she wants’ to move back closer to her family who live in St Petersburg Florida. We are thinking about heading back to the States around the March time period.

I will of course see if I can transfer with my current company, but if there are no opportunities I will have to look for something else.

I have over 10 years experience in Account Management and currently am a Key/National Account Manager based here in London for a global information management company. Prior to this I worked within the technology industry for Dell and Apple as an Account Manager.

If anyone knows of any potential opportunities in those areas, please do let me know.

I do think that it's going to be quite difficult to find a position when I am still in the UK and I may have to actually be based in Florida in order to secure a position.

What do you all think? Do you agree that it's going to be tough to find a position ahead of time while I am still based in London England?

Many thanks,

Ollie

Florida? You sure about that?? Let me remind you:

cuban-hurricane.jpg

HurricaneIsabel10-17-03.jpg

FrontYardLG.jpg

Are you really sure now?

Well, the Missus spent 15 odd years there. Said they have gone through Hurricanes but not had any damage.

I'll build a house out of bricks.

biggrin.gif

Find an old Sub, that would be better ;-)

Seriously tho, just stay away from the coast, and you'll stay away from the surge by far the most destructive/dangerous part. The rest is just wind damage, some flooding, maybe a tree falling through something, and lack of power for a few days/weeks. Do invest in a big bad boy generator with a solenoid at the power line that flips on your power automatically. Make sure you get some storm shutters, the metal ones are the best. They install bolts around your windows, and when the 'cane gets close, you simply go out to your garage, grab the shudders, and mount them on the appropriate windows. Much better than scrambling for plywood every year.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-GEORGIA *
Sat, Oct 19 • 6:30 PM on ABC

Recent Threads

Back