McGrady

texashorne

250+ Posts
I can't help but question his future as a Rocket. The guy is unreliable and, due to his contract, can't be traded for anything significant. The Rockets are now 8-7 without him, which is certainly not stellar, so I think they can go in one of the following directions:
1. Trade him for what ever you can get, maybe to a team looking to make a title run and need a sixth man.
2. Make him the sixth man. It would reduce his minutes and ideally reduce his injury problems.
3. Change him to more of a role player on the team, opposed to THE player. By role player I mean more of a Josh Howard type. Would his ego allow this?

What I don't want is the Rockets to waste the prime years of Yao's career waiting for McGrady to take a man pill. Thoughts?

Horne-I've been saying this since we started winning without him this month. We have GOT to trade this man.

It's obvious to me Adelman wants to get younger and more athletic. If we're going to do that, we need to get McGrady the hell out of Houston. Get Novak, Landry, and Brooks the playing time, revolve them around Yao and ship McGrady out.

If you really think about it, McGrady's game doesn't fit with Adelman's style. Round peg, square hole...sort of like Callahan with Neb. football.

Dude is awesome if he could stay healthy but obviously he cannot. Do not select him on your fantasy team either.

If he would go to the hole more, he'd fit in more but he just chunks fall aways from 20 ft out every, single time. they should trade him for AI straight up since the nuggest are going after kidd.

T-Mac is untradeable for the reasons above. He is going to make close to $45 million the next two season and he has injury problems. On top of that, Morrey isn't going to get anything close to what he perceives as "fair value" in a trade.

I think things are still salvageable. They are playing much better than they were earlier in the season, Landry is a breath of fresh air, Brooks is great when he isn't gun shy, and Scola seems to be really coming around as of late. But like every Rockets team from the past decade, I won't be holding my breath on them making a serious run.

With all that said, here's to hoping the Rockets get incredibly hot for these last 37 games!

MJ and Bird used to drop 50 with "flu-like symptoms". T-Mac can't even get on the court. This guy is the biggest puss I've ever seen in a professional sport. In a fight, Dusty Mangum whoops T-Mac's ***.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Back